About the Role
As an Engineering Manager of the Carrier team that is responsible for growing the products used by most of the dispatchers and drivers in the car hauling industry of the United States, you will be responsible for managing a team of 5-10 direct reports (engineers and tech leads).
What You'll Do
You'll manage a full-stack team of 5-10 engineers that own the dispatcher and driver experiences that include feature sets such as load discovery and acquisition, dispatching, vehicle inspection, billing, and reporting.
You will collaborate with leadership to create and communicate the vision, high-level roadmap, and technical strategy for your team, ensuring every engineer understands how their project contributes to the company goals. You will set the direction for your engineering team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via long-term planning.
Most of what you'll do can be divided into the following 3 categories.
- You have Advanced-level English skills, especially Speaking and Writing.
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing a team of 5-15 people (full-stack, backend, mobile), across various technologies.
- You have managed process and organizational design improvements, and hired and supported successful teams.
- You have demonstrated experience in Lean/Agile management practices.
- You have delivered several large projects (in the context of your team) successfully in the past 3 years.
- You have 5+ years of experience developing software as an IC engineer.
- You have a strong technical background as a Senior Engineer for at least 3 years on the web backend written in Python, Ruby, Java, or a similar high-level programming language:
* As a manager, you’ll provide daily guidance to people whose job is to build software and solve technical problems.
* It’s crucial that you’re able to recognize bad patterns and help your team avoid them. We expect managers to identify areas in which their teams need technical guidance, and either provide it themselves or find help from experts outside the team. They should also be able to ask detailed questions to guide their team to good solutions.
* We are looking for engineering managers who are experienced engineers, and when presented with a problem can quickly identify and focus on the difficult parts. We want to see candidates recognize where complexities might arise in their design, and what parts of their solution might break at scale.
About System Team Leader
System Team Leader - поиск и подбор персонала, обучение персонала, оценка и адаптация, вебинары, кадровый аудит, охрана труда, корпоративные мероприятия.
Job posted on
4 February 2021