We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join our team at Vilmate.
Our client is a company is in the field of AI marketing solutions. It is building an innovative product, a natural language generation platform that helps marketers tailor their messages to their ideal audience. The platform uses a model trained on millions of marketing messages, coupled with the historical data to help t create expert-level messages across channels and formats.
● are passionate about making sense of large amounts of data, taking the lead on making decisions, and initiating new creative observations; all while helping to take our product to the next level;
● have got strong opinions about how to build the best scalable architecture and the experience to back up those opinions.
● are excited about developing an innovative product while making an impact as an individual contributor, -
then this position might be a good fit for the position.
● Developing back-end part of the application.
● Review web application and the code base, and plan future upgrades with the development team.
● Producing high-quality, maintainable, and scalable software with best practice and code excellence in mind.
● Blocking bugs investigation and fixing.
● Taking part in code reviews of other developers to ensure simple architecture and the highest code quality.
● Exploring and integrating new technologies, tools, and components.
● Monitoring and analysis of the features we have built.
● 7+ years of industry experience in a production Web environment, including monitoring and performance tuning.
● 2+ years of experience with Ruby for a Linux environment.
● Prior experience in owning scalable modern web architecture throughout the full development lifecycle; design, development, testing, monitoring.
BSc in Computer Science (MSc advantage).
● Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases.
● Experience with AWS.
● Experience working in a continuous integration environment, container orchestration (Docker, k8s) - advantage.
● A real passion for solving problems and delivering value.
● Strive to write clean code, continuously refactor and improve existing code.
● Working well autonomously and as part of a team.
● Communicate effectively both verbally and written in English.
● Competitive salary and benefits.
● Flexible working hours.
● Vacation – 20 working days’ annual leave.
● Paid sick days.
● A personal laptop with all the essential software installed.
● State holidays are granted.
● Corporate accountant and lawyer services.
● Bureaucracy-free and transparent management.
● Сorporate events 2 times a year and team building.
Our company (vilmate.com) is a nearly 100-strong, close-knit and highly professional software development team based out of Kharkiv and Kyiv, Ukraine. We have been engaged in delivering bespoke software to North-American and Western-European clients since 2012 and are equally experienced in Web and mobile development.
Vilmate’s distinctive features as a company are an impressive and impeccable project delivery track record, a very large share of senior software engineers in our development team, an extremely low employee turnover and broad experience of delivering consulting solutions to clients in various business niches.
Since our company’s founding 8 years ago, we have seen an annual growth rate of 25%. Our client roster has been growing just as fast. Today, we pride ourselves on having created software that is used by some of Western Europe’s industry-leading retail and other brands.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
3 February 2021