We are looking for an outstanding Software Developer to play a key role in developing an industry-leading storage analytics solution. Platform collects and analyzes more sensor data points from our customers’ infrastructure systems and applications than there are stars in our galaxy.
Predictive Analytics are then used to correlate vast amounts of information to find the needle in the haystack, and solve our customers’ most complex infrastructure issues.
You will be joining an agile, empowered team, focused on building a brand new data processing platform. Platform provides abstractions, components and infrastructure to create a state-of-the-art platform for running data processing and machine learning workloads. The team leverages the latest big data and microservice-based technologies to build out the data processing platform – Apache Spark, Delta Lake, Apache Pulsar, Kubernetes, Istio, knative, GraphQL, TimescaleDB, Postgres. The development stack is Scala (cats, http4s, Caliban, shapeless, lagom).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid experience with Scala
- Strong software engineering/development skills. Practical experience with Apache Spark
- Strong distributed systems knowledge
- Data processing experience at scale
- Practical experience designing and implementing microservices
- Team player with a passion for learning, programming, automation, and data processing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- AWS or other public cloud providers
- Akka (experience with Lagom and overall experience with CQRS/Event Sourcing would be a plus)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering program, or equivalent
- Technical contributor, as a software developer, in a cross-functional development team, focused on building out a full-featured data processing platform
- Leverage big-data technologies for data processing, including Apache Spark, Kubernetes, Apache Pulsar, AWS (Lambda, S3)
- Contribute to the data platform ecosystem, including implementation of microservices or serverless components using Scala, http4s
- Work with the Data Scientists to create and evolve the data platform to enable both exploratory analytics and Machine Learning
- Work with the DevOps engineers to design and build observability features (telemetry, tracing) and CI/CD
- Develop unit, integration, system or any tests that are needed to help the team deliver value quickly, with a high degree of quality
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. By leveraging Agile / Lean MVP methods, cutting-edge technologies, and an integrated approach to experience design and complex engineering, we empower global brands such as Microsoft, BMC, Coca Cola, Samsung, Physio Control, and Roku to develop the “next big thing” in their markets. GlobalLogic is headquartered in Silicon Valley and operates design and engineering centers around the world, where we are continuously recognized as a top innovator and employer by organizations like Zinnov and Glassdoor.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.