Our client is a global company that provides information, software, and services. Their customers are legal, business,
tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare professionals.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
An Architect, who is going to become responsible for the design and development of next-generation hybrid cloud platform solutions and supervising their implementation across different clients and engineering teams, ensuring the industry best practices incorporated. This person will help with assessing and then supporting apps migration from on-prem to AWS/GCP/Azure including containerization; participate in pre-sales and PoC activities. This is a key role during the design and implementation phase. The DevOps Architect will be responsible for the process and technical design and will ensure the design meets all the requirements and fits the purpose.
• Architecture design of holistic Cloud ecosystem with a focus on Google Cloud Platform capabilities and features or other clouds (AWS, Azure)
• Architecture design of Production, Staging/QA, and Development infrastructures running is 24/7 environments
• Robust and consistent Cloud Strategy design aligned with business objectives
• Provide guidelines for infrastructure migration approaches and techniques including numerous applications migrations into the cloud and implementation of hybrid cloud solutions within regulated enterprise environments
• Evangelize Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive Cloud Adoption
• The Architect would also be responsible for creating the following DevOps artefacts: Strategy, Principles, Patterns, Solution Design, Security Design, Governance Model
• Consulting skills: broad understanding of industry trends across software development, architecture, cloud operating platforms, cloud security and data management. In-depth cloud professional, competent of quickly establishing connections and credibility in how to address the business needs via design and operate cloud-based architectures. Strong written, verbal and mock-up skills
• Technical skills - strong experience in systems engineering: 8+ years of related work experience in DevOps and SDLC; 5+ years hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architectures on AWS or Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Chef; containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker). In-depth understanding and knowledge of distributed version control systems like Git
• Desired Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate. Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
• Soft skills: ability to be a team player, working effectively with positive cooperation. Ability to communicate, both internally and externally, in an effective, timely professional and courteous manner
POSSIBLE CAREER PATH FOR THE CANDIDATE
• Participation to pre-sales and PoC activities
• Professional development and growth in SA direction
BENEFITS BESIDE EPAM GENERAL ONES:
• Business trips to UK, USA and other EPAM locations
• Opportunity to relocate to USA, EU or other EPAM locations
• Act as SA for different clients with providing SA consultancy
About EPAM Systems
EPAM Systems is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and software development services, with more than 36,700+ employees worldwide.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
5 May 2021