Customer Delight is not just a moto at Sisense, it’s what we truly believe in and what our customers appreciate about us. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE), you will work through complex data environments with customers from all sizes and industries, to deliver exceptional support and value
Please pay attention to the working schedule: late shifts coverage (4 pm - 1 am Kyiv time), and a week from Tuesday to Saturday once in 3 weeks. The position will also include shifts on Holidays with additional payment.
••What You’ve Already Accomplished…So Far••
- You already have 2 years of experience with IT infrastructure and applications support
- You already have experience with supporting complex product infrastructure and applications
- You are confident with using Linux commands and understand the processes
- You have experience working with logs, and various monitoring tool such as: Grafana, New Relic, Kibana
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- You have experience in communication with customers
- Upper Intermediate speaking and writing English
••Will be great if you also have••
- Experience with Kubernetes
- You have vast experience with databases such as MongoDB, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Experience with virtualization and cloud services (AWS, vSphere)
- Web development background and/or programming familiarity
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Hadoop
- Experience with ETL and BI tools such as Talend, Informatica, SSIS, SSRS, BusinessObjects, Cognos or QlikView
- Knowledge in writing SQL and understanding business requirements
- You have data-driven, analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills
- You’re detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- You have proven ability to motivate and work both independently and in a team environment
- You also have a passion for support and helping others
- In addition, you have a strong desire to learn, grow and contribute to overall company values of collaboration and service
- You have excellent English - communication, listening, and writing skills
••What You'll Do••
- Investigate technical problems and diagnose root causes in Linux and Windows servers
- Develop, design, and propose solutions to meet technological and business needs for customers (e.g. workarounds for product issues and additional features)
- Manage critical issues that impact customer’s business
- Work with R&D and Product teams to meet customer requirements and improve our product
- Present complex technical information about the product to the customers
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of our knowledge-based and community
- Work with Linux shell, RestAPI, Web applications troubleshooting, application installations, identifying process improvements, debugging, comprehending technical documents
••Why You Should Join Our Team••
••We live our values.•• We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
••We have interesting customers.•• We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
••We are our own customers.•• We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
••“You have unlimited questions remaining”•• is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.
Sisense is a business analytics software company, founded in 2004, with offices in New York City, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, London, Melbourne, Tokyo, and Scottsdale, Arizona. It is headquartered in New York City.
Its business intelligence product includes both a back-end powered by in-chip technology that enables non-technical users to join and analyse large data sets from multiple sources, and a front-end for creating visualisations, like dashboards and reports, on any device, including mobile. The company's software is used by companies in 49 countries.
In September 2018, the company announced another $80 million funding round led by Insight Venture Partners.
In May 2019, Sisense acquired Periscope Data, creating a company with more than $120 million in annual recurring revenue, and over 900 employees.
Finally, in January 2020, Sisense completed another round of funding at approximately $100m with a valuation exceeding $1b, cementing its status as a Unicorn.
Sisense continues to operate in the data and analytics space with over 2500 customers.
Job posted on
18 February 2021