PlayHQ is looking for a hands-on tester who has a strong functional and technical testing background. You will be working on our own platform to ensure we deliver a first-class product. You will design and execute test cases for various application and API and contribute to our automation coverage
We are a young and rapidly growing sports technology business that has recently launched our platform to some major Australian sports, and are busy reshaping the way in which people participate in grass roots sports.
You will be working as part of a cross-functional product development team to manage quality assurance and to execute testing activities. PlayHQ already employs multiple QA Engineers who you will work in collaboration with. In order to be successful, you will need to develop a strong understanding of the product and empathy for the target users.
Day-to-day, you will work with the product manager and development team members to understand the product outcomes we are seeking to deliver. Then you will use your experience to design and execute test cases for the various web applications and APIs being developed. You will be testing functionality during sprint to ensure that everything is working as expected and provide valuable feedback to developers. You will test environments post-deployment to verify that the deployment has been a success. Additionally, you will also be contributing to the test automation coverage writing high level automation scripts using webdriver.io
Why working with us?
* non-corporate environment
* great team
* fully remote work
* early start (7am) - early finish
* modern stack
* product company
* our own platform
* 1 year contract with the option to extend
* trips to Australia
Skills and competencies
* Design and execute test cases for web applications and APIs
* Experience writing and executing test automation scripts (eg Selenium, Cypress)
* Maintain test suites for functional, smoke and regression testing activities
* Bring a curious mindset to exploratory testing activities
* Work closely with the development team to ensure issues are triaged and resolved
* Bring a continuous improvement mindset to improve quality in all activities
* Experience leveraging automation in test activities
* Experience testing across multiple client devices from desktops to mobile phones
* Strong communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
* Experience working within Agile teams
* Use Postman and other tools to inspect data in API requests and responses
* Experience with automation frameworks like Webdriver, Cypress, Cucumber, Pact, etc
* Experience with Atlassian tools including JIRA and Confluence
* Previous working on SaaS/multi-tenant applications
We're focused on delivering elite customer experiences for sporting participants and simplifying administration for sporting codes, associations, clubs and their participants. We bring grassroots sports, players and venues together on a single platform-everything from signups, payments, live scoring, stats and competition management all in the one place.
PlayHQ is a new cloud-based platform delivering world-class experiences for participants and saving time for sporting administrators.
Job posted on
13 January 2021