Become a part of a fast-growing team that is working to bring speed and efficiency to big-data analytic on the cloud!
Our client – is the 1st platform for a Big Data analytic expert. Leveraging the latest technology stack and the most recent innovations in the big data space, Firebolt combines the best of high-performance database architecture with the infinite scale of the data lake.
● BS/Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
● 3+ years of experience with SW QA practices.
● Strong background in SQL and databases.
● Expertise in creating and executing test cases.
● Experience working with modern software lifecycle tools: Git, CI/CD
● Good knowledge of Linux.
Would be a plus
● Experience in automated testing systems in Python, bash.
● Experience building test automation frameworks for software products deployed on AWS.
● Experience with data-warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake, Athena, etc.) — Big Plus!
What we offer
● An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking product
● In-depth exposure to a modern cloud-scale distributed data warehouse
● IT equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
● Competitive salary
● Medical insurance
● Tax compensation
● Modern and comfortable office near the Vystavkovyi center or remote
● Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
● Paid sick leaves (10 per year)
● Flexible working schedule
● Team buildings
● Take a key part of our R&D team.
● Take part in the definition of our R&D quality standards.
● Design, build, and maintain an end-to-end QA & automation process of a global high scale SaaS product.
About the project
Firebolt develops and redesigns the cloud data warehouse to deliver a superfast, incredibly efficient analytics experience across terabytes and petabytes of data. The company’s goal is to provide extreme speed and elasticity at any scale solving your impossible data challenges. Firebolt was built with three principles in mind: speed, scale, elasticity.
About the company tech stack
Firebolt is composed of several open-source projects and relies on a unique IP that boosts data analytics and enables full scalability and decauling compute from storage.
● SQL core teams work with C++.
● Backend teams work with Go, Python, Rust in order to create microservices exposing REST APIs and GraphQL interface.
● Use both CockroachDB and FoundationDB as application data storage.
● Front-end teams work with TypeScript, React, Redux + Apollo.
● CI/CD is handled by a combination of CircleCI and CodeDeploy to test and deploy code to production.
● The infrastructure is managed as code with Terraform and services are monitored using Prometheus and Grafana.
Newxel is a company founded by the team of professionals which successfully launched an in-house R&D center for one of the biggest international companies.
Our mission is to help fast-growing organizations get professional engineers by building and launching offshore development teams and R&D centers in Ukraine. One more goal for us is to help numerous talented IT guys from Ukraine to find their dream job, evolve and gain new skills and experience in successful companies from around the world sharing their values and goals.
DOU company page: