Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with an experienced DevOps. Successful candidate will help our client with BAU and Project activities, working as DevOps in cooperation with Application Technology & Infrastructure teams to build and support complex IT infrastructure. Implementing best technology and service practices to achieve high availability and performance of related business applications.
- Provide system support to technology and business teams as needed during development, delivery, and design to guarantee robust, strong, scalable solutions.
- Manage installation and configuration, systems integration, job scheduling and security.
- Perform daily system monitoring: verifying the integrity and availability of all IT resources (servers, storage, networks and other Network connected devices, systems and key processes), reviewing system/application logs for errors, vulnerabilities, and improvements, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system and database administration tasks; identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Provide Tier I/II/III support per request; perform troubleshooting and diagnostic tracing.
- Recover from hardware/software failures; coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other process and procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Adhere to/contribute to best practice standards, continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership and positive attitude.
- Balance concurrent assignments.
- Extensive interaction with various IT Teams.
- Interaction with business users, 3rd-party vendors, and software maintenance support contractors.
- Provide inputs into IT hardware/software planning and End Of Life (EOL) support and the procurement process.
- Attend and participate in various IT meetings as scheduled and provide expert knowledge.
Ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows OS tuning utilities and commands.
- Excellent knowledge of configuring Windows OS systems for optimal performance.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows clustering and high-availability solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of Anti-Virus software such as McAfee and Sophos.
- Excellent knowledge of Ivanti LANDESK and Symantec Altiris.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP Networking Protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of networking, storage, database and virtualization layers.
- Excellent knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent knowledge of "Infrastructure as Code" principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX.
Nice to have
- Good working knowledge of ThinPrint and EquiTrack (Follow-Me Printing).
- Good working knowledge of version control software such as GitHub and Subversion.
- Good working knowledge of configuration management software such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform and SaltStack.
- Good working knowledge of continuous integration (CI) and continuous development (CD) principles and practices.
- Good working knowledge of applications development using Agile, and DevOps best practices.
- Good working knowledge of operating system security and auditing methods.
- Good working knowledge of security hardening principles in line with CIS industry benchmarks.
- Good working knowledge of cloud computing - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings across Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle.- Good working knowledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux (6.x, 7.x, 8.x) and Solaris (10.x and 11.x).
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux OS tuning utilities and commands.
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux system internals and kernel tuning for optimal performance.
- Good working knowledge of ESX VMWare.
- Good working knowledge of Nutanix HCI.
- Good working knowledge of Rubrik.
- Good working knowledge of EMC, HDS and Pure storage arrays.
- Good working knowledge of Dell PowerEdge, IBM xSeries and Cisco UCS hardware.
- Good working knowledge of EMC Networker, Data Domain and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Good working knowledge of Infoblox DNS.
- Good working knowledge of Icinga 2 and OpManager.
- Good working knowledge of IBM Tivoli and Netcool.
- Good working knowledge of GitHub, Subversion and TeamCity.
- Good working knowledge of BMC Control-M.
- Good working knowledge of CyberArk.
- Good working knowledge of Splunk and IBM QRadar.
- Good working knowledge of Qualys.
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
- Good working knowledge of ServiceNow and Serena Business Manager.
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
4 January 2021