This experienced Software Engineering Manager will lead our teams to build a robust and reliable backend services software, tools, and APIs to set the bar for quality across the organizations.
You know how to find, hire, and retain top talent to build complex and advanced SaaS software while coaching them on their performance and engagement with their team. You will have many internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product Management, Quality), and effectively collaborating with all of them to create feasible roadmaps will be paramount for this role. You should form opinions about what the team should do based on careful and active listening to your team members and your stakeholders. Then your teams will deliver software and hit goals for the company; consistently and with style.
What You’ll Do
• Interfacing between engineering and product teams
• Breaking down projects into tasks for the engineering team
• New engineer onboarding
• Training new employees and designing training programs if possible.
• Overseeing the entire development life cycle
• Code review process
• Establishing and enforcing coding standards & development processes
• QA processes/code quality
• Direct supervisor of engineering staff
• Project management - breaking down projects into milestones, tracking project status
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience;
• 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager;
• 3+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management;
• 3+ years experience with DevOps practices and cloud technologies in an enterprise environment, preferably AWS;
• AWS Certifications (Professional level preferred)
• Microservices architecture;
• Experience recruiting and managing engineering teams, including performance management;
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions;
• Ability to manage ambiguity, complex problem spaces, and competing priorities;
• Strong ownership and willingness to do what's right
• Test automation systems
Sales Boomerang is the world's first Automated Borrower Intelligence System and we believe in a simple idea: that banks and mortgage lenders can win by over-serving their customers rather than over-selling them. Our mission is No Borrower Left Behind® and we fulfill this mission through our SaaS platform by giving the lending community tools to inform them when anyone in their database is ready for a better loan.
We use hundreds of data points to identify when the current market and/or a borrower’s personal situation allows them to take advantage of an optimal mortgage product. Simply put, lenders no longer have to “sell”, instead, they present the best options at the right time, in order to add value to the borrower’s life.
We are considered the leaders in our space, and we’re growing incredibly fast. In fact, we’ve tripled in size since the start of last year. We’re a team, driving towards a common goal. We play ping-pong, listen to music, share videos, celebrate wins, celebrate lessons (known elsewhere as failures), crack jokes, support one another, and push one another. We expect everyone to own their role, bring new ideas to the table, and challenge the status quo. If something can be done better, make it so! In a nutshell - we love what we do, who we do it with, and the customers we provide value for.
Job posted on
30 December 2020