Looking for full time Middle QA Automation Engineer for Analytic Management Software (US) with 2-3 years of experience and intermediate level of English.
About the Client:
Our customer is innovating US-based company with exciting expertise in big data, analytics, and software development that established a new category of software called Analytic Management. Client provides the only active analytic catalog for data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business users, enabling them to interact with their data and analytic code in a whole new way.
We’re a naturally curious team that loves working together. We’re dedicated to our customers, building an analytic management movement together, which will be the key to how businesses win in the future.
About the Project:
Our team is building a software solution that scales from desktop to enterprise cloud using technologies like Java, Electron, TypeScript, React and Redux using a DDD approach.
We have a mature and evolving system for DevOps using Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, Cypress and Junit. These integrate with our multicloud infrastructure using Terraform to provision environments and cloud analytic databases on-demand for automated testing.
Our software deeply integrates with and leverages some of the hottest components of the cloud big data and analytics space such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Azure Synapse, and IBM DB2 Warehouse.
About the Team:
The whole development team of 14 people is concentrated in our Kharkiv office. The team consists of Java, Scala, JS, .Net, SQL Developers and QA Engineers. All developers are highly qualified, 70% of the team are Seniors.
Responsibilities and Skills:
Your primary focus will be on automated testing of our desktop and web applications which provide tooling for enterprise class data systems both on-prem and in the cloud. Examples include Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse, and Microsoft SQL Server. You will also coordinate with the rest of the engineering team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Develop and maintain automated end-to-end and integration tests, test data, SQL validation scripts
- Perform manual testing
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities
- Identify, document and track bugs
- Conduct thorough regression testing when bugs are fixed
- Identify software testing risks and escalate potential quality issues to management
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years in software quality assurance with at least 2+ years experience in development automated tests
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Good understanding of Git is preferable
- Expertise in database testing including designing and manipulating test data
- Hands-on experience with Rest API testing
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Nice to have Skills:
- Hands-on experience with developing UI automated tests using Cypress framework
- Understanding of CICD pipeline
- Hands-on experience with Docker
Brightgrove is focused on software development, consulting and outsourcing. We deliver a broad array of managed services to our customers, including development of top-quality software applications, quality assurance, testing, web systems design, and offshore staff augmentation. Established in May 2000 as a subsidiary of German Ecotel in response to the exciting new opportunities on the German telecom market, Brightgrove has always been focused on innovative and cutting-edge technologies since the very inception. The Phoenix-V Billing System created by our engineers became the backbone of 15 telecommunication companies.
In 2010, Brightgrove achieved full self-governance and became a privately owned company. In 2011, Brightgrove expanded its market presence and launched the custom development and outsourcing businesses. By now, these rapidly-growing businesses attracted over 280 new employees.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
28 December 2020