We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer for our Client – Norwegian captive portal solution.
It already works in production for more than a year and brings good sales for the Scandinavian market.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer for our Client "Simp" - a technology company based in Bergen, Norway.
They specialize in collecting, analyzing, and using customer data on behalf of their clients through a large variety of wifi points.
The company went on the market in 2016. Since then, they've managed to become the Nordics region`s largest supplier within our industry.
SIMP is considering applying top edge technologies like machine learning and data mining as well as different types of integrations between their systems.
- The project consists of a Ruby portal for users, ruby API, JS+Ember self-care application.
- Portal is an RoR 4.2.3 application deployed on Heroku, API is based on Ruby + Grape and mounted to portal, and self-care is an application for customers written on Ember (currently 2.3.0) is admin application.
- The main purpose of portal-app is to provide auth. flow for users, display some configured customers based landing pages. There is also an ActiveAdmin part there to manage data.
- API is to provide authorized access to data, is used by self-care app and external communication.
- Self-care application is customer-oriented and has a dashboard, statistics charts (which we are exporting to Go app) and SMS/email campaigns functional.
- Your responsibility would be to develop new features and improve existing solutions on the back-end side.
Tech stack: Ruby 2.2.2, Rails 4.2.3, PostgreSQL, Ember.js, Heroku, Sidekiq, ActiveAdmin, Golang, gRPM, RSpec, Capybara.
You are the right candidate for us if:
- You have 3+ years of experience with Ruby and RoR or with Golang and 5+ years of experience in active development;
- Experience with Go will be a plus;
- You have experience with some front-end frameworks (Angular 2 and above, Ember, etc.), at least one of them;
- You have experience in development of complex applications or microservices;
- You are able to focus on compatibility, performance, reusable components development, consistency;
- You have skills in TDD and love RSpec;
- You are the lucky owner of University degree in Computer Science or relevant;
- You speak English at least at strong Intermediate level;
- You are an open-minded, proactive team-player, delivering on time.
What are you going to deal with:
- Maintain existing RoR and Golang codebase, deliver new features;
- Communicate with the development team, CTO and product owners;
- Leading and coaching team members, tasks allocation (Jira), taking part in planning meetings;
- Provide estimates of development and integration efforts;
We are the right company for you if you are seeking to:
-Variety of knowledge sharing;
-A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the client;
-Career and professional growth;
-Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation;
-Nice centrally located office.
Seniordev specializes in providing competent, experienced seniors vs newbies. We utilize a full, standardized technology stack and quality via automation. Our small teams communicate directly with clients.
We all value raising competence and knowledge sharing.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.