Our client is a Finnish services company providing high-level IT expertise combined with business area-specific know-how. We're looking for a Test Automation Architect who will drive the test automation implementation and build the test automation architecture with the customer's team.
Our client is a Finnish services company providing high-level IT expertise combined with business area-specific know-how. The company helps with project management, software development, and deployment, cloud development, etc.
Right now, they are looking for a Test Automation Architect who will drive the test automation implementation and build the test automation architecture with the customer's team. In this role, you will own the test strategy and lead the planning activities related to testing. This entails defining the scope of testing within the context of each delivery, ensuring customer's team use the right tooling for their testing, planning the physical or virtual hardware resources required for their development, managing the risk and prioritization of test cases, and developing appropriate metrics and test measurements to be applied. From time to time you might be ready to take an active role in test execution yourself, developing test frameworks further, facilitating testing dojos for exploratory testing, and developing new test cases on critical areas.
Now the work is done fully remotely because of Covid, but in the future, most of it will be done on customer premises in Helsinki.
Must have skills:
- Extensive experience in different areas of testing, including functional testing and system qualities testing in areas like performance, install/upgrade, high availability, security
- Excellent coordination skills, previous experience in test lab resource planning and management is beneficial
- Solid understanding of the key metrics and processes related to testing
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead without a solid line of authority
- Great interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to work hands-on, with good command of tools and automation frameworks used in software testing
- A technical understanding of physical server HW and virtualized on-prem HW platforms such as Openstack or VMware vSphere
- Experience in public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Good Linux and computer networking knowledge
Looking for the next challenge? We have your back. As developers ourselves, we understand that not all technologies, jobs and companies are alike. We can help find the most interesting and fulfilling job or contract gig, both onsite or remote, in your home country or abroad.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
24 December 2020