We are looking for an experienced C/C++ developer to participate in the creation of a Linux distributive, customized for the Japanese market specifically.
Our client is a Japanese branch of a large company with RedHat among its shareholders.
Their main development directions are infrastructure security solutions, IoT platforms, PKI solutions, and Linux/OOS solutions.
This particular project would be the development of a Linux distributive customized specifically for the Japanese market.
They release the product through the following development process.
- Rebuilding and re-signing the rpm packages released by Redhat Linux and recreating the rpm packages.
- For packages that need to be changed, changing them for MIRACLE LINUX, re-signing them, and recreating the rpm package
- Testing the changed package.
Your responsibilities would be:
- Package rebuilding
You will need to rebuild and customize the package released on Redhat Linux and release it.
- Errata editing and publishing
For the package to be released, you will be editing the Errata information and publishing it.
- ISO creation
You will be creating ISO files for all minor and major releases.
- Operation on Linux OS
- Use of linkers such as vi/emacs
- 3+ years of C/C++ software development experience
- Debugging with gdb
- Shell script
- RTT, RSB test experience
Nice to have, but not obligatory:
- RPM build Experience (investigation and problem solving)
- Understanding the format of RPM spec files
- Understanding of autoconf / automake etc.
- Understanding of ansible / jenkins etc.
- Scripting languages such as Perl / Ruby
- The friendliest community of like-minded IT-people;
- Open knowledge-sharing environment – exclusive access to a rich pool of colleagues willing to share their endless insights into the broadest variety of modern technologies;
- Mobilunity Medical Insurance program designed to attend our teams’ needs;
- Paid vacations and sick leaves, including 5 paid days per year that don’t require a sick note;
- Fair salary and 100% taxes coverage – don’t worry about possible taxes raise – we will get you covered;
- Remote mode during quarantine period and perfect office location after: city-center, 900m from Lukyanivska metro station, a green and spacious neighborhood with lots of cafes and supermarkets nearby;
- No open-spaces setup – separate rooms for every team’s comfort and multiple lounge and gaming zones on all of the 3 floors;
- Neverending fun: sports events, tournaments, music band, multiple affinity groups.
Mobilunity is a provider of dedicated development teams aiming to bring European corporate culture to the Ukrainian IT-labor market. Throughout all the years of our existence and until now, we're been working hand in hand with European companies as our primary partners. By our own example, we are providing that the dedicated team model works the best in all directions including employee's interests as people have always been our main asset. Joining Mobilunity you won't ever feel alone.
DOU company page: