We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team in a key engineering role to help us build various web applications for our electric vehicle division, Mobile Energy Global (MEG). Ukraine only.
We’re looking for a highly driven and mission-aligned engineer to join our team in a key engineering role to help us build various web applications for our electric vehicle division, Mobile Energy Global (MEG).
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll be joining a team of talented people, and will have lots of autonomy and immediate impact in controlling the direction of the application and the technology decisions surrounding it.
This opportunity is full-time only. No consultancies or software development agencies will be considered.
Challenges and Opportunities for the position
The Senior Backend Engineer will collaborate closely with seasoned experts on modern approaches and technologies, cloud computing, microservices, distributed fault-tolerant stack, and other fields.
Candidates will be familiar with the technologies we are using but may have not necessarily had the ability to work on them in their current job setting. That’s generally OK. However, you should have a true passion for technology that is apparent through your previous work experience.
Responsibilities and Duties.
● Develop API for web application
● Participate in design discussions with product manager and domain experts
and assess the feasibility of new products and features
● Help refine and establish new development guidelines and policies
● Review code for correctness, security, and quality and assist in getting code
● Analyze and troubleshoot complex problems in a timely and accurate manner
Qualifications. Professional competencies
● Strong Computer Science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithms, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
● Intermediate Level English to efficiently communicate within a diverse and
globally distributed team
● Understanding of SOA principles
● Experience building REST and RPC interfaces
● Familiarity with NoSQL solutions
● Freely operate within a UNIX environment
● Experience with the complete development lifecycle, from requirements to
design, implementation, testing, optimization, and release
● Eager and adaptable to change, ability to work with little guidance and
direction, ability to navigate complex systems with ease
● Creative confidence
● Collaborative mindset and great teamwork skills
● Skilled at receiving feedback, as well as providing it
● Entrepreneurial & adaptable; great learning skills
● Transparent & communicative, patient
● Curious, research-minded, data-informed
Full-time employment benefits
We offer a diverse package and the chance to grow financially with the company, including:
● Competitive Salary
● Stock Options Package
● Flexible Work Schedule
● Paid two weeks vacation
● Work remotely or in the office (Zhitomir)
About Ideanomics Ukraine
Ideanomics (Nasdaq: IDEX) is a global company that facilitates the adoption of commercial electric vehicles and supports next-generation financial services and fintech products.
The company is headquartered in New York, NY, and has offices in Beijing, China and Singapore. We also have planned a global center for technology and innovation in West Hartford, CT, named Fintech Village.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
22 January 2021