Daxx is looking for a Senior Database Developer to join the JPT Group team in Kyiv.
About the client:
The company conducts business in the healthcare industry with approximately 4,000 employees in over 150 facilities across the United States and has been in business for 14 years.
The management wishes to use offshore engineers as a data operations team to document, improve, maintain, and support the current ETL processes and database infrastructure in the company’s data warehouse. The data warehouse consists of a collection of Microsoft SQL databases running on virtual machines hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud. ETL processes are orchestrated using the tools Diyotta and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to move data from sources to the collection of databases.
The project requires engineers to work on a data operations team responsible for the following ongoing tasks:
• Document, maintain, and support the current environment of SQL database infrastructure, ETL jobs, and reporting procedures including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). If jobs or reports fail; investigate, troubleshoot, and fix the issue. Work with Compassus Data Engineering team to make sure any change made to ETL code to fix any issue is committed to the main branch after proper design and code review.
• Research and develop monitoring and alerting capabilities to ensure all ETL, database, and reporting jobs execute and successfully complete on an established schedule.
• With support from the onshore data architects, design and deploy improvements to the existing databases, ETL jobs, SQL stored procedures, tables, schemas, and other database elements for improved performance and reliability.
• Assist and advise onshore data architects with the design and deployment of a modern enterprise data warehouse. The company plans on re-architecting and re-building the data warehouse to use the current Azure platform-as-a-service technologies in the future.
• Microsoft SQL database administration and/or development in a production environment
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Experience with ETL processes and tools. Experience with Diyotta is not required.
• Ability to research and “reverse-engineer" an existing data warehouse, document the environment, and design and deploy improvements.
• Experience monitoring and creating alerts and exception handling framework for ETL processes and jobs.
• The willingness to contribute to the research, design, and build of a modern data warehouse using Azure-native services and technologies.
• Direct cooperation with the customer
• Dedicated HR / Client Manager
• Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
• Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
Daxx is a Dutch IT company that offers dedicated team IT services to international IT companies.
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in the Netherlands, Daxx has offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Dnipro employing over 400 staff. Daxx offers an exciting and comfortable environment to work in with interesting clients and interesting projects.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.
SQL / DBA