We are looking for an engineer with experience in distributed systems to join our team working on a near real-time application used across multiple businesses.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will lead the team's thinking when it comes to hosting applications in production. You will understand the functional and non-functional requirements and design an approach that will allow us to productionise the new system as quickly as possible, and then iterate to a robust approach. You will integrate with other systems for provisioning, monitoring, and alerting. Working closely with our support teams and development teams, you will help do all this with a high level of automation and reliability. We want to minimize manual processes and strong software engineering proficiency in this role is key.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on an important project, which will have huge impact on our future architecture.
• Investigating and resolving applications issues escalated by production support team
• Build out our CI/CD pipeline to deploy all layers of the architecture to production in a robust, easy-to-use and automated way.
• Infrastructure and capacity planning
• Environment accessibility management
• Management of the Configuration Baseline
• Linux administration
• Bash/Python scripting
• On-boarding of new systems/applications
• You have experience in Linux administration
• You have experience building CI/CD pipelines from scratch for microservice architectures, ideally, with experience in TeamCity, IBM UrbanCode Deploy and/or Jenkins.
• You are fluent in Bash/Shell and at least one other programming/scripting language, preferably Python
• You have experience creating, deploying and supporting Docker images and are familiar with parts of the ecosystem such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
• You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
• You have experience working with Java code in a production system
• You have experience working in fast paced development environments
• You agree that verbal and written communication skills are vital
Nice-to-Have Skills:• An ideal candidate would have experience working with IBM UrbanCode Deploy and Autosys in a production system
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page: