OpsWorks Co. is looking for an experienced DevOps Technical Lead with experience in public and private clouds to join our client’s project. This is a full-time, remote, and long-term position.
OpsWorks Co. is looking for an experienced DevOps Technical Lead with experience in public and private clouds to join our client’s project, New York based company that delivers data, analytics, and services that support brands to market their assets and reduce commercial risks. The position implies working with the latest technology stack and constant growth within the role. We will work together to improve clients’ infrastructure development, configuration management, continuous integration, and delivery processes to guarantee reliability, availability, and high performance of the underlying environments.
This is a full-time, remote, and long-term position.
You will be responsible for:
- Partner with the head of engineering to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation;
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement;
- Research, recommend, design and develop architecture for the domain you are working in;
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize;
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures;
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond;
- Mentor associate engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors;
- Managing a team of 10+ engineers.
- At least 6 years of experience in IT Operations, Systems Engineering or SRE;
- Extensive knowledge of all product and system components of technical architecture;
- Deep understanding of virtualization concepts;
- Hands on experience implementing High Available and High Load systems;
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash);
- Programming experience (Web development, OOP understanding);
- Experience with at least one configuration management tool: Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Chef;
- CI/CD implementation practice using tools like Jenkins, GitLab or similar;
- Monitoring and logging solutions experience;
- Experience with multiple AWS services is required, including but not limited to Compute (Servers in auto scaling configuration and Serverless), Storage, Databases, Networking and Content Delivery, Elastic Load Balancer;
- Containerization and orchestration experience (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes or similar);
- Practical experience with Infrastructure as a code paradigm (e.g. terraform);
- Upper-Intermediate English level is a must, Ukrainian or Russian native;
- Extensive experience aligning technical solutions to client objectives in professional services capacity;
- Architecture experience in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment;
- Architecting and developing scalable enterprise solutions;
- Experience in migrating complex architectures into the cloud, re-architecting legacy architectures using modern technologies;
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
Nice to have:
- In-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies technology trends, as well as security-minded;
- Strong leadership skills, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds;
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly;
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company.
- Challenging tasks;
- Opportunity to learn new technologies in an innovative industry;
- Possibility to do new things, not just maintain old;
- Plenty of responsibility and freedom in choosing technological solutions;
- Appreciation and honest/open leadership style;
- A friendly team of experts who inspire and support you;
- Self-education support (access to premium subscription to Safari Books Online, etc; paid attending professional conferences and meetups);
- Corporate English lessons with a native speaker;
- Flexible schedule;
- Paid vacation (21 working days per year);
- Paid sick leaves and medical insurance;
- Compensation negotiable, based upon experience.
We are a small but very diverse team. We are not looking to expand or hire aggressively as we prefer to give new employees the time to become an organic part of our team.
Apply and we look forward to meeting you and hopefully work with you very soon!
We gather all the newest technologies in cloud computing, virtualization, automatization, and infrastructure development to deliver it to our customers as a service. Opsworks offers DevOps consulting & DevOps services by employing the best tools of deployment, monitoring and configuration management. We provide knowledge services in continuous integration and continuous delivery, automated testing, and customized infrastructure management services. We give the tools your team needs to successfully transit into a DevOps environment. We are inspired by the best DevOps practices and Agile development that makes us professionals in these areas. Over a couple of years, we have consulted small and mid-sized companies, all across the world. Because of such an extensive experience in the field, we consider ourselves to be among the best companies in the industry.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
11 January 2021