Looking for Middle System Operation Engineer for Cloud Commerce Operating System to work on shifts (around 15 working days per months). Position full time, remote.
About the Client:
Spryker enables companies to become digital pioneers in B2B, B2C and in marketplaces. The innovative platform-as-a-service solution with over 800 API-based modules is cloud-compatible and its flexibility makes it attractive for companies and developers.
About the Project:
We engineer for engineers and develop code that is easy to understand, customize, and work with on a daily basis! You enjoy sharing your extensive knowledge and mentoring other developers? You have a strong service orientation, identify issues quickly, and are able to come up with a suitable solution that makes customers happy?
Then join our Spryker Technology Team as a Software Engineer. As part of Spryker Services, you help us to revolutionize the world of commerce, tackle diverse projects every single day and consult and develop with and for our clients with your extensive knowledge.
About the Team:
Module teams, depending on business needs.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Configure, test, deploy, and upgrade software for production in AWS
- Control EC2 instance lifecycle and other AWS resources using Infrastructure-as-Code tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Respond to monitoring alerts and incidents
- Ensure security through access controls, firewalls, VPNs, and audit logging
- Author and recommend settings to improve performance, security, and reliability (for applications, operating systems, networks, and cloud services)
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions
- Set up and manage user accounts, login restrictions and PaaS-based application permissions
- Contribute to internal technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Document problem status and resolution
- Develop plans and perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems (e.g. patch management, application hotfixes)
- Generate Vulnerability Management & Resolution reports
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Adapting to on-call and/or shifted working schedule
- Excellent communicator with a problem-solving mindset
- Always accurate and attentive to details
- Ex: System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar
- Experience with key cloud platforms/providers (Amazon Web Service, GCP, and Azure) – AWS highly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of Linux and OS/X (Windows is a plus)
- Ability to create scripts in modern languages like Python/PHP etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, routing, and related networking protocols, technologies and security related protocols (SSH, HTTPS, IPsec, etc.)
- Experience using source control/repositories (Git, GitHub) and workflow tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Slack, TeamCity, etc.)
- 24×7 production operations experience, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS/PaaS or cloud service provider
- Understanding of AWS security concepts including VPC, VPN, EC2, CodePipeline, IAM, and other to protect data-at-rest and in-transit via encryption highly desirable
Bonus points for:
- HashiCorp’s Terraform experience
- Working knowledge of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS/ECR, etc.)
- Experience with passive (e.g. compliance audits) and active evaluations (e.g. vulnerability assessments)
Brightgrove is focused on software development, consulting and outsourcing. We deliver a broad array of managed services to our customers, including development of top-quality software applications, quality assurance, testing, web systems design, and offshore staff augmentation. Established in May 2000 as a subsidiary of German Ecotel in response to the exciting new opportunities on the German telecom market, Brightgrove has always been focused on innovative and cutting-edge technologies since the very inception. The Phoenix-V Billing System created by our engineers became the backbone of 15 telecommunication companies.
In 2010, Brightgrove achieved full self-governance and became a privately owned company. In 2011, Brightgrove expanded its market presence and launched the custom development and outsourcing businesses. By now, these rapidly-growing businesses attracted over 280 new employees.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
4 January 2021