GT is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join Reevoo - a platform that helps hundreds of brands all over the world to get a better idea of what makes their customers tick.
Work in Kyiv, Unit.City as a part of their R&D team. A mix of remote and office work.
At Reevoo we believe that a transparent relationship between brands and consumers is better for both. Over 200 brands agree with us and use our Ratings & Reviews and Customer Intelligence products to engage with, listen to, and learn from their customers.
We also believe we can help everyday people make better decisions about what to buy, by connecting them with like-minded people. That’s why we’re always innovating – creating new tools for customers to express their opinions and constantly improving the ones we have.
We don’t settle for average. We strive to make great products that our clients love to use. If you work with us you will too.
The Technology Team
- We believe in solving our client’s and their customers' problems with simple, elegant technical solutions.
- We know that to do this sustainably, we must adopt engineering practices like Test Driven Development, Infrastructure as Code, and Continuous Delivery.
- We take an iterative and incremental approach to software delivery and break down solutions so that they can be delivered in such a way.
- We are a cloud-native business, have invested heavily in our AWS infrastructure, and use managed services to accelerate delivery.
- We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, frequently showcasing our work to technical and non-technical audiences.
- We’re always looking for ways to continuously improve our processes and technology and encourage everyone to share their ideas and suggestions.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our team in Kyiv. Above all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about technology, connects their work to the needs of our clients, and builds solutions they love to use.
- Design, build, improve, and maintain Reevoo’s core platform for collecting and sharing ratings and reviews and other user-generated content.
- Design, build, improve, and maintain our application development platform in close collaboration with our team of application engineers.
- Ensure the necessary monitoring and alerting systems are in place to deliver the high quality of service our clients expect.
- Evaluate the security of our environments and applications to ensure the necessary information security practices and tools are in place.
- Continue to evolve our infrastructure and look for opportunities to incorporate new cloud technologies which can improve the team’s productivity and drive costs down.
- Rotate through our on-call schedule.
What will the successful candidate be like?
- You will have a passion for technology and a desire to design and build simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- You will be a great communicator and able to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You will have a desire to collaborate with people across the business and connect your work to the needs of our clients.
- You will have a desire to simplify and rationalise complex systems.
- You will be professional, reliable, and hold others to account for their commitments.
Skills & Experience
- A deep technical understanding of AWS and containerised cloud hosting using Docker, Kubernetes (EKS), and Helm.
- Experience with a range of other AWS services such as EC2, RDS (Postgres and/or MySQL), Redshift, SQS, Cloudwatch, ECR, ELB, Elasticsearch, Route 53, S3, VPC.
- Experience working with distributed, service-oriented application architectures e.g. REST.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling such as Terraform, Ansible, and Chef.
- Experience of designing, building and running Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines.
- Experience with Git, Github and Make for build automation.
- An understanding of DevOps principles and how they influence your daily priorities and selection of solutions.
- Comfortable with Linux administration.
- Knowledge of HTTP cacheing, CDN’s and load balancers.
- Ruby and Bash scripting experience.
- Comfortable working with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Experience of working in an agile delivery environment.
- Knowledge of other technologies in our stack (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Nginx, Varnish, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ).
- Working in an ISO27001 certified environment, and experience with the certification process.
- An opportunity to co-create valuable innovative solutions for millions of users
- Flexible schedule, a mix of remote and office work
- Cutting edge office in the center of Ukraine’s first innovation park — Unit.City
- Medical insurance
- Monthly commute allowance or free parking space
- Best-in-class IT equipment mirroring our client set-up
- Monthly education allowance for courses, training, books, events
- Gym membership, after-work activities
- Daily lunches in the office
Reevoo is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
About Global Talent
At Global Talent we build remote engineering teams (outstaffing) for outstanding product companies. We are working with dozens of high-growth startups and large corporations to build products used by millions of people around the world.
Global Talent was founded in 2017 by four tech entrepreneurs with backgrounds in startups, Apple, Nest & Google.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
4 January 2021