The Scanner Pro team is looking for a creative iOS developer to help us deliver the best-in-class product to people all around the world. You’ll face the most challenging tasks in your career and opportunities to make a great impact — build a productivity app, that really helps millions of people.
“Scanner Pro is perhaps the best app for quickly scanning and saving a digital version of a paper document.” – New York Times
Scanner Pro by Readdle is the revolutionary application that redefined the AppStore scanning category.
It uses a built-in iOS camera to take pictures of a paper document. The unique technology automatically detects the edges, fixes geometry, removes shadows, and other visual defects to make a perfect scan. Also, it harnessed an advanced optical character recognition (OCR) technology that allows you to extract text from scans.
- Work with Product and Customer-facing teams to design and develop new features.
- Shipping great products on time and according to the roadmap.
- Diagnose and debug complex systems, optimizing the speed/memory consumption of the application.
- Сooperation with the R&D department, helping develop and add new functionality to the application.
- Sprint planning, assessment of the time needed to complete tasks, planning, and prioritization in a partnership with a product manager.
- Development team leading, task distribution among the team, control over the implementation, code-review.
- Adjusting technical stack, refactoring legacy code, researching/adding new libraries, and approaches.
- Have a huge interest in building great software products.
- Have a firm understanding and strong opinions about software engineering (from low-level details to high-level concepts), able to make great decisions fast.
- Can work effectively in the situation of tough tradeoffs between functionality, complexity and development time.
- Can create practical, maintainable and reliable solutions.
- Experience in mobile and web analytics, user behavior metrics, and methodologies to analyse user feedback.
- Resolving critical situations with the product.
- Demonstrated technical strengths in Swift, Objective-C.
- Software development: separations of concerns, SOLID, OOP patterns, concurrency patterns.
- Best practices: unit testing, static analysis, code review, dependency management.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Understanding the technologies used in iOS development:
- Xcode, Instruments, profiling practices.
- Cloud services SDK (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.), iCloud.
- Experience with Metal, CoreImage, Accelerate, Core Graphics.
Would be a plus but not mandatory:
- Understanding image processing specific tasks (object detection, color space differences, perspective transformation).
- Web experience.
- Familiarity with basic Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms.
- Image memory techniques and optimizations.
You’ll be leading the way. We’re betting you’re driven to build great things and get awesome results. Join this amazing journey with Readdle!
We believe that technology is changing the way we live, work, and get things done. In 2007, in Odesa, Ukraine, we created our first app for the reading experience with iPhone. This is how the word "Readdle" appeared 💡
Then Readdle aimed to redefine personal productivity and shape the “future of work” by creating outstanding apps and services such as Scanner Pro, PDF Expert, Spark, Calendars, and Documents. Mentioned in TechCrunch, Mashable, The New York Times, 9to5mac, and many more, these products were downloaded over 160 million times worldwide. In many cases, we defined mobile software categories, such as document scanning, email, document management, and calendaring.
In 2014 we established Fluix, a simple, lightweight productivity solution offering enterprise-grade security and other benefits to business processes. Today Fluix is trusted by the world’s leading companies to optimize productivity and ROI in the construction, energy, facilities management, and transportation industries including Siemens Gamesa, МBMW, Zurich Insurance, Alaska Airlines, Ludwig Freytag, Centuri, and hundreds of others.
We won numerous awards, got to the top positions on the App Store charts, however, what is the most important, are loved by tens of millions of people all around the world.
DOU company page: