Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune, and Fox Sports., an analog of Google AdWords.
• 4+ years of experience in Android development
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration systems like CircleCI, Codeship, Travis, Jenkins, etc.
• Upper-intermediate English
• Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
The role we are looking for is for a senior android engineer on a new 3rd team, which will build infrastracture for the other teams in the group. things like: handling pre-installation process with mobile OEMs (such as Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi etc..), handling android permissions requirements, handling network data and connections, handling BI etc...
The group is using a very modern development process and tools, but since this is a product that has to be quite close to the android AOSP (low-level), lean and efficient, they are not working in Kotlin and try to avoid using 3rd party libraries.
for example for network connectivity they are not using Retrofit, but using their own code.
We make your skills grow by offering a gratifying work with professionals. You dive into a warm and friendly atmosphere where you can share any difficulties and moments of joy with your colleagues. Develop your career among the teammates with the same goals and passion for technology. Great work and life balance, both personal and professional growth, fun and parties — we do it all to keep you inspired and happy.
This job is no longer active.