About the client: Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with an experienced Linux Engineer. Successful candidate will help our client with BAU and Project activities, working as Unix SME in cooperation with Application Technology & Infrastructure teams to build and support complex IT infrastructure. Implementing best technology and service practices to achieve high availability and performance of related business applications.
About our team: Rapidly expanding group in Kyiv developing and supporting a range of client projects.
About working environment: Our team primary location is Kiev, working remotely in client environment. Currently the team operates fully in WFH mode.
- Provide system support to technology and business teams as needed during development, delivery, and design to guarantee robust, strong, scalable solutions.
- Manage installation and configuration, systems integration, job scheduling and security.
- Perform daily system monitoring: verifying the integrity and availability of all IT resources (servers, storage, networks and other Network connected devices, systems and key processes), reviewing system/application logs for errors, vulnerabilities, and improvements, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system and database administration tasks; identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Provide Tier I/II/III support per request; perform troubleshooting and diagnostic tracing.
- Recover from hardware/software failures; coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other process and procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Adhere to/contribute to best practice standards, continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership and positive attitude.
- Balance concurrent assignments.
- Extensive interaction with various IT Teams.
- Interaction with business users, 3rd-party vendors, and software maintenance support contractors.
- Provide inputs into IT hardware/software planning and End Of Life (EOL) support and the procurement process.
- Attend and participate in various IT meetings as scheduled and provide expert knowledge.
- At least five (5) years of hands on experience with RedHat (8/9/10).
- Scripting experience (Shell, CGI, and Perl).
- Solid understanding of UNIX host based security.
- Understanding of networking and logical flow of data to assist developers, and network administrators for troubleshooting and Architectural purposes.
- Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments.
- Expert troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and providing support to Operations personnel.
- Experience with business continuity / disaster recovery failover/failback and runbook documentation.
- Experience with cyber security, server hardening and DMZ deployment.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- English level upper-intermediate or higher.
Nice to have
- Experience with Iaas, Virtualization (OpenStack, KVM, VMWare), Storage (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, EMC, 3Par, Virtual Swift/CEPH).
- Understanding of databases, such as SQL, Oracle.
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.
DevOps / Sysadmin