We are looking for a Senior Linux Kernel Software Engineer to work in the Cloud Acceleration group.
We are looking for a Senior Linux Kernel Software Engineer to work in the Cloud Acceleration group. The team develops the software for the NVIDIA-Mellanox Accelerated Switching and Packet Processing (ASAP^2) technology which combines the performance and efficiency of server/storage networking hardware with the flexibility of virtual switching software.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and develop features in C language mainly for the Linux Kernel and OpenvSwitch open-source projects.
- Build and specify software requirements and influence the hardware design of future NICs and SmartNICs.
- Multiple opportunities to drive complex technical issues to closure that may occur in cross-team boundary.
What we need to see:
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Strong programming skills in C.
- Proven understanding of Linux kernel driver with emphasis on Networking.
- Good understanding of basic programming primitives, data structures and multi-threading techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-Motivated, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ways to stand out of the crowd:
- Experience in Networking/SDN/OpenvSwitch is a major plus.
NVIDIA leads the way in ground-breaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing, Visualization and Networking. With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our elite engineering teams are rapidly growing. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a real passion for technology, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is an artificial intelligence computing company. The company's offices around the world employ more than 18,000 people. Headquarter is in Santa Clara, California, USA.
NVIDIA Networking has been providing high-speed RDMA/InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions for data centers, high-performance computers, and clusters.
We are working at the edge of technology and science, investing into RnD to provide our clients the most reliable and high-speed solutions, which include: host control adapters, L2/L3 switches, cables, storage systems and software that allows running everything– drivers, management utilities, libraries and tools for software developers and admins.
Joining NVIDIA is an opportunity to stay at the edge of technologies that will shape the World tomorrow.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
16 November 2020