At Sisense, we are on a mission to empower modern data teams to deliver insights to everyone inside and outside their organizations. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
You will be joining the Sisense for Cloud Data Teams product development team. On this team, we add awesome features to the Cloud Data Teams product that empowers data teams to quickly connect to cloud data sources, then explore and analyze data in a matter of minutes. It is also one of the best teams for understanding our business, as it touches everything from data ingestion and dashboarding through to permissioning, APIs and integrations. Our engineers do full-stack feature development and we foster an environment of rich learning, development and knowledge sharing.
What You’ve Already Accomplished…So Far
- You write clean code. You have loads of evidence of all the code you write and ship.
- You have built full-stack systems using Ruby, Rails and frontend frameworks such as React, Angular or similar.
- You have experience with a variety of databases such as Postgres, MySQL or similar.
- You have at least a hobbyist-level relationship with data. You find that moment when a datapoint makes you say "hmmm..." to be delightful.
- You're excited to pitch in wherever the team needs help, from writing documentation to supporting customers.
- You enjoy working in a caring, customer-obsessed and challenging environment.
What You'll Do
- First week: You’ll partner with your engineering buddy who will help onboard you with our product and build/deploy processes, and then work with you to ship new code to production.
- By Day 30: You will make substantial improvements to existing features, platform services, internal tools, or build processes.
- By Day 60: You’ll be contributing to the technical vision and priorities for your team’s future development, finding ways to improve team velocity, and improving architecture.
- You are outcome-focused and proactive.
- You have solved complex technical challenges to improve customer happiness, developer productivity, and system efficiency.
- You enjoy working in an inclusive, collaborative environment and mentoring team members when needed. You believe in achieving collective impact and that we are “better together”.
- You have customer empathy and are curious about how your work is going to impact a customer’s use case.
- You're excited to pitch in wherever the team needs help, from investigating issues, debugging together to supporting customers.
- You have successfully evangelized and driven best practices related to code quality and testability across teams.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support.
- We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customer. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. - - We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.
Sisense is a business analytics software company, founded in 2004, with offices in New York City, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, London, Melbourne, Tokyo, and Scottsdale, Arizona. It is headquartered in New York City.
Its business intelligence product includes both a back-end powered by in-chip technology that enables non-technical users to join and analyse large data sets from multiple sources, and a front-end for creating visualisations, like dashboards and reports, on any device, including mobile. The company's software is used by companies in 49 countries.
In September 2018, the company announced another $80 million funding round led by Insight Venture Partners.
In May 2019, Sisense acquired Periscope Data, creating a company with more than $120 million in annual recurring revenue, and over 900 employees.
Finally, in January 2020, Sisense completed another round of funding at approximately $100m with a valuation exceeding $1b, cementing its status as a Unicorn.
Sisense continues to operate in the data and analytics space with over 2500 customers.
Job posted on
10 November 2020