We are lehrermarktplatz.de, Berlin-based edtech startup. We help school teachers to share their work with colleagues and make some money. We are ~40 people (13 in IT), 4.5 years old, we grow (500k users, 2019/2018 3.7x YoY in GMV, profitable)
We’re looking for a passionate DevOps Engineer with an undying desire to continuously improve everything around him. We’re looking for a person with whom we could work smoothly as a team, foster and rapidly expand our infrastructure.
We strive to create a unique working environment, comfortable for everyone, engaging and inspiring innovation.
We care about:
Integrity and common sense
We don’t do:
– Boring endless meetings.Who has time?
– Find a scapegoat to blame. Being a team means taking responsibility as a whole
– Bureaucracy. Again, who has the time?
– Reporting work hours. We presume you’re capable of managing your own time.
We need someone who:
– Operates Linux with ease, knows where to look for log files, how to monitor and manage running processes, how to configure systemd, logrotate, sshd etc.
– Has a working experience with Docker, docker-compose and at least one container orchestration platform (e.g. Kubernetes)
– Worked with at least some of these (or the alternative in the same field):
– Is able to investigate server issues without external help (we won’t make you recompile a kernel or debug hardware, but you should be able to, f.ex. figure out what’s causing excessive disk IO by yourself)
– Is able to learn on his own and other’s mistakes
– Ideally knows at least bash scripting, or even some groovy/lua/python
– English (oral, written). Enough to discuss work-related topics. We value the ability to communicate ideas more than lack of mistakes. You should be ready for a phone interview in English.
What you get:
– A decent budget for the workplace of your choice
– Flexible working hours. For real
– Autonomy in choosing and planning your tasks
– Virtually endless possibilities of innovation
– Compensation for books, courses, conferences and certifications
We are a young edtech startup in #Berlin / #Lviv on the mission of empowering school teachers with an e-marketplace for educational ideas and materials. Basically, we try to help teachers be better teachers.