We help our clients to build integrations between their services and Smartling platform. An example of such integrations can be a content translation in Zendesk. Our integration takes original content from Zendesk and delivers translations back there.
Smartling is looking for a creative and passionate Senior Java Developer to work on our suite of cutting-edge, highly interactive, service driven backend applications. Candidates should be excited by learning, discussing and using the latest techniques in Java development to create highly scalable, performant services used by thousands of people every day.You will be joining an existing team building and maintaining a cutting-edge translation management application that allows our clients and professional translators to manage the localization process for their websites and documents in an agile fashion. Our rapidly growing client list includes top names from the technology and Fortune 500 worlds.
- Fluent in Java - 5+ years experience required.
- Know your way around a relational database.
- Familiar with asynchronous patterns and messaging technologies.
- Familiar with Design Patterns and making scalable stable systems.
- Understanding of distributed computing principles and algorithms.
- Spoken English. It may require to discuss with client requirements or troubleshoot an issue.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- BS+ degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
— DevOps, AWS, Terraform
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash.
The team is 7 developers and a PM.
Expected workload -- full time.
We will help with the initial setup and domain knowledge.
Our processes & believes:-
TDD - Test Driven Development
- Continuous Deployment - multiple times daily
- SOA - Service Oriented Architecture and APIs- Full test automation - we have no QA team
- DevOps is not a team, it is a culture
Tasks at hand:
- Architect, design, and implement solutions for integrating 3rd party services into the Smartling platform.
- Conduct architecture and code reviews.
- Design and implement testing strategies to maximize product quality.
What matters to Smartling?
- To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
Translate the words on your website, mobile app, product, and more into any language.
Job posted on
6 November 2020