We're looking for a lead backend engineer, who will help us to start the team for our new client, Outdoorsy.
Who you are:
A hands-on engineer who enjoys back end development that has built and refactored code bases to follow best practices. You're a stickler for proper architecture and you're not afraid to voice your opinion if something isn't designed properly. Comprehensive test coverage is a must for any code. Security, stability, and performance are always top of mind when building new functionality or reviewing pull requests from the team.
- 7+ years experience working on back-end technologies
- Experience working in startup fast-paced environments
- Expert with modern web architectures and patterns at scale (Twelve-Factor, SOLID, ACID, etc)
- Experience with Go, Java, Scala, or Python. The majority of our code is written in Go and Java, but we strategically incline to Go and ready to train skilled engineers of different stacks to work with Go moving forward;
- Experience with Backend technologies: Golang or Scala or Python or similar
- Experience with Heroku or GCP or AWS
- Extensive experience with Postgres or MySql or any relational database
- Extensive experience with Queues and pub/sub
- REST API Interfaces
Outdoorsy is one of the most trusted RV rental and outdoor experience marketplace on the planet that has grown from a lofty white-board idea in 2015, to over $525M in GMV and offices worldwide in the US, Canada, Australia, Europe, and the UK.
The platform that you will develop handles availability scheduling, payment processing, communication, insurance, GPS tracking, and roadside assistance all built-in. Outdoorsy's rapidly growing user base has taken them from the United States to Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. The engineering team that we're building is going to become a small mighty group of self-starting developers who are motivated by making an impact on the lives of Outdoorsy's users, both financially for owners or experientially for renters.
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
4 November 2020