Looking for a middle-level web developer with experience in Ruby on Rails. We would love to work with a pro-active person, someone who not only solve tasks but suggests improvements on codebase level as well as on product level, someone who automate things and shares knowledge within the team.
What we're looking for
* Good knowledge of Ruby: OOP, meta-programming, common patterns.
* Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails: advanced ActiveRecord, CLI and generators, i18n, complex forms and controllers, security features.
* Knowledge of architecture patterns: different ways to organize business logic, state machines, API versioning, background jobs, caching, authorization.
* Experience with data modeling and working with databases.
* Advanced knowledge in writing tests: experience writing different kinds of tests, knowledge of good practices.
* Good knowledge of the stack we use: web, http protocol, networks.
* Advanced level of working with tools: Linux, CLI tools, git.
* Good written and spoken English: almost all the communications technical and non-technical are in English.
Would be great if you have experience with:
- working on applications with complex frontend like SPA,
- using Docker in development and production.
Sneak Peek of datarockets
We work remotely ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??. It's a common comment that it requires a lot of self-discipline to work remotely. We believe it is more about good processes and habits.
Good processes are something we've been working on for the last five years. We moved our conversations to chats. We make calls for pair programming and discussing tasks in real time but always write a summary after the call.
We care about people
It is not allowed to work on weekend or overtime at datarockets.
People make mistakes, nobody is perfect. Nobody gets punished or gets blamed for making a mistake at datarockets. What's important is to learn from mistakes we make.
We understand that "shit happens". Some days we just feel off, procrastinate instead of working, can't get anything done. We promote to take such days off and we never allow to work late hours or on weekends to make up.
We work as a team with clients
We care about products we work on, it is unacceptable to just do what you've been told to do when you have concerns and others are not aware of them.
datarockets choose clients that want to work with us as a single team. We create a Slack workspace per project where everyone, client people and developers chat together. Everyone in the team can ask a question from client directly or initiate a video call meeting at any time.
In addition to the cover letter and CV, please answer on these questions:
1. How do you organize business logic in your app?
2. What would you do if you suspect that a gem doesn't work as you expected? How would you debug this?
3. How do you deploy your apps? What experience do you have with infrastructure?
Please show us examples of your code
datarockets builds products for its clients -- startups and businesses.
We work remotely for a long time and know how to do it well.
We care about people and teams, demand honesty, don't overtime.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.