Australian sports technology company is looking for a talented backend engineer to join our cross-functional agile team.
Why working with us?
* non-corporate environment
* great team
* fully remote work
* modern stack
* product company
* our own platform
* trips to Australia
We are a young and rapidly growing sports technology business that has launched our platform to a major Australian sport, currently serving over 100,000 users, our platform is set to grow in the coming year to service well over 1 million users as we onboard more clients. Our roadmap is full of exciting features, and we are currently looking to grow our talented and enthusiastic team.
We work in non-corporate environment where each individual opinion is valued, and everyone has the opportunity to shape the product we are building, own the technology stack, and contribute to an iterative development process. We are seeking individuals who bring pragmatism and critical thinking to our fast paced environment.
Your work will be fully remote. Day-to-day, you will work with a product and engineering team members in Australia to understand the product outcomes we are seeking to deliver. You will be involved in the solution design and implement microservices, APIs, and serverless functions to deliver meaningful outcomes for our customers and stakeholders.
Our core stack is built with TypeScript (NodeJS/React), Go, GraphQL, Neo4j and a range of other technologies which can be found here: stackshare.io/playhq/our-stack
Skills and competencies
* 4+ years of professional experience
* Willingness to contribute and learn new technologies
* Experience in projects using web applications and APIs
* Pragmatic and considered when selecting and introducing technologies into a solution
* Able to write well-structured, clean and testable code and help others do the same
* Experience working within agile teams
* Experience working within long-lived product teams
* Experience in SaaS or multi-tenant architectures
* Exposure to microservices, Serverless framework and other techniques for creating loosely coupled architectures (e.g. messaging, event sourcing, CQRS)
We're focused on delivering elite customer experiences for sporting participants and simplifying administration for sporting codes, associations, clubs and their participants. We bring grassroots sports, players and venues together on a single platform-everything from signups, payments, live scoring, stats and competition management all in the one place.
PlayHQ is a new cloud-based platform delivering world-class experiences for participants and saving time for sporting administrators.