Java Developer will join an international team working within a community of professionals from the US, Ukraine, UK, Germany. For over 15 years we successfully implement e-commerce services for such brands as Adidas, L’Oreal, Crocs, and many more.
The Java Developer will be part of a high-performance feature is driven development team responsible for building complex e-commerce solutions. You must have a proven track record of solving various business and technical problems while taking responsibility for meeting business objectives. This job requires solid technical skills to provide coding expertise throughout the entire software development lifecycle. You should have expertise with software development lifecycle methodologies, solid experience, and knowledge of web and software development, and use of standard design and development tools.
• Minimum 2 years of Java programming with 1+ years of using J2EE framework;
• Strong understanding of Spring, Hibernate frameworks;
• Experience with working on complex functional software projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies;
• Must be an independent, self-motivated team player that is meticulous and methodical in creating solutions;
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
• Intermediate spoken and written English communication skills.
Will be a plus:
• Working experience with IBM WebSphere Commerce or Hybris platform;
• Experience working in geographically distributed teams;
• Experience developing e-commerce solutions is highly desired;
• Solid written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by writing clear technical specifications, documentation of knowledge, and effective intro- and inter-group communications.
• Work with Development Lead and project leads in understanding business needs, defining technical issues, and proposing solutions;
• Participate in analyzing business and technical specifications/requirements;
• Take an active part in the implementation of complex e-commerce solutions as part of the development team;
• Ensure via code reviews that developed code quality meets the standards/guidelines for development;
• Work closely with front-end development and quality assurance teams to ensure proper implementation of the website’s functionality;
• Responsible for writing technical documentation for implemented e-commerce solutions;
• Support and help developers come up with the best technical solutions;
• Provide recommendations to Development Lead and functional managers on ways to improve processes, systems, tools, and role definitions based on program or project-specific experience;
• Actively contribute to continuous improvements in development methodology and underlying processes;
• Actively participate in daily project team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project issues;
• Provide updates to effort estimates and the status of assigned tasks.
• Knowledgebase of #1 global e-commerce delivery;
• Trainings and certifications;
• A constant inflow of e-commerce projects with global outreach;
• Well set SDLC process with the use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications, and access to clients;
• Possible international on-site visits;
• Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.
About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global ecommerce agency headquartered in the US. With over 1200 professionals in 12 countries, we are one of the world’s largest teams of ecommerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss and Crocs are among our clients. Company centers in Eastern Europe are focused on the development of ecommerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.