At Zip, we build cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments.
- Devops skills — infrastructure architecture, IaC, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of payment gateways
- Experience working in a fintech or payments product company
— Full-remote job
— Early hours work (7-8 am)
— Company equipment
— Great product
— Good remuneration
— 18 working days of vacation
ROLE PURPOSE: The core purpose of the Senior Software Engineer role is to develop and deploy high quality software, as part of your product squad. You will also contribute to (and sometimes lead) architectural and design discussions, guide and coach less experienced engineers, and contribute to the growth of and learning within Zip’s Engineering team.
- Write code that is clean, highly maintainable and well tested
- Perform effective code reviews
- Coach and mentor other engineers
- Contribute and sometimes lead solution architecture sessions
- Improve the codebase, and make suggestions on where we can improve further
- Provide support when production issues occur with products your team owns
- Contribute to product ideas and deliver from start to finish
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the engineering team
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation
- Work in a team with a “team first” mentality
Your squad of engineers, QA, tech lead and Product Manager
Other squads as required to solve cross-functional problems
Principal Architect to ensure solutions map to tech roadmap and strategy
- Contributing to your squad Objectives and Key Results
At Zip, we build cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments. We use microservices, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures to ensure scalability and performance as we grow, and all this presents some fascinating engineering problems for our squads to solve.
We strive to create high quality software and deliver at a high pace. As such we utilise test driven development and continuous integration / continuous deployment tools, along with agile planning and iterative development techniques, and we really value clean code, good design and automated testing.
Ensuring trust and psychological safety is important to enable our engineers to take risks, learn from failures and enjoy productive conflict to make better decisions. We try to measure the right outcomes, and ensure alignment across squads to our larger company goals. Learning together and helping each other are key to working as a cross-functional product-engineering team.
Zip is a high-growth fintech, founded in Australia and expanding worldwide, with the purpose to give people the freedom to own it. We use technology and data to bring customers and partners together through a valued and fair payments experience.
Our strategic focus is underpinned by an aligned high-performance team, a reliable, secure and scalable platform, constantly-improving product experiences and a trusted consumer brand.
Zip is growing rapidly and globally; and our mission is to enable our consumers to choose Zip as their first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
We’ve built an amazing culture at Zip, and our teams are proud to work hard to provide innovative solutions to our customers and partners. Our values are central to everything we do: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, and Raise the Bar.
About Work around
Life-cycle HR outsource company – we manage and support your dream team.
Our main services are kind of steps to the successful company development.
These services are: Recruiting, People Partnering, Strategic Advising & Executive Support.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.