Lead Data Scientist is supposed to handle complex problems independently and demonstrate analytical thinking. At this position, you should be able to make judgments and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data
As a leader of the Data Science team, you will run the development of next-generation platforms for customers micro-segmentation, clusterization, behavior analysis, and prediction as well as building up new improved recommendation systems for the customers.
You will use your expertise to design data science models and frameworks, data processing pipelines, and lead efforts of the ML models productization.
You will use project management skills to manage the deliverables and ensure all stakeholder work is complete on time. You will also manage stakeholder communications and present your project across a wide spectrum of management levels.
Lead Data Scientist is supposed to handle complex problems independently and demonstrate analytical thinking. At this position, you should be able to make judgments and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
The position requires excellent communication skills and experience working directly with technical teams as well as with business stakeholders. Being able to present findings in a meaningful and clear way is a must.
- Lead a team of skilled data scientists and data engineers;
- Drive the collection, cleaning, processing, and analysis of new and existing data sources;
- Communicate with business stakeholders to clarify their requirements and present the teamwork results;
- Learn & stay current on developments in one or more analytics domains: Optimization, Machine Learning, Deep Learning / AI, Simulation, etc.
- Data scientist with 5+ years of experience;
- Solid understanding of Statistics, Machine Learning and Deep Learning;
- Hands-on experience in Python;
- Experience with Recommender Systems (Content-Based, Collaborative Filtering, Hybrid, Market Basket Analysis, Repeat Purchase);
- Experience with look-alike modeling and sequential-input models, RNNs (LSTM, GRU, etc.);
- Expertise in building, productionising and scaling analytics solutions for big data problems;
- Experience with SQL databases;
- Familiarity with cloud ML Platforms (Google AI Platform, Amazon Sagemaker, MS Azure AI Platform) is a plus;
- Hands-on experience with data preparation, cleansing, feature engineering, and visualization;
- Great communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to present progress made by the team to senior business management and the project stakeholders;
- Understanding of and experience with customer intelligence & marketing domains a plus;
- Experience in working across different global cultures a plus
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects;
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team;
- Flexible schedule;
- Medical insurance;
- Benefits program;
- Corporate social events;
- Professional development opportunities.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
About Grid Dynamics
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation and scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation. We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and a high-performance product culture. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,200 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics is known for architecting and delivering some of the largest digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.