We are the team that created OpenVPN, the industry-standard VPN protocol now used by most of the commercial VPN providers worldwide. We are currently looking for a rockstar to push further the product that millions of people around the world will be interacting with on a daily basis!
You should have a strong working knowledge of Java, REST APIs, and databases, excellent in understanding security topics, be familiar with TCP/IP networking, SSL VPN, and distributed systems, possess a solid conceptual foundation in the development of distributed and cloud-computing systems, and have network programming understanding on Linux development environments.
You will join a team that is responsible for the requirement specifications, system specifications, software development and maintenance of several critical security-related cloud services.
• 4+ years of commercial programming experience;
• 4+ years of experience with Java;
• Experience of developing modern REST services on Spring Boot;
• Security topics hands-on with Spring Security (SAML, OAuth2);
• Сommon understanding of networks theory, traffic shaping, network security;
• Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL storages (MongoDB);
• Experience with deployment on Docker and AWS;
• At least upper-intermediate English, both spoken and written;
• Excellent communication abilities.
As a plus
• Experience with messaging in Java (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.);
• Experience working with AWS SDK in Java;
• Hands-on with plain Java sockets or WebRTC / WebSockets;
• Hands-on work experience with Linux platforms;
• Experience in the security space, specifically PKI, encryption, x.509 certificates, SSL;
• Experience with performance testing (Apache Benchmark, JMeter, Gatling);
• Open Source experience.
Our philosophy is that we are a small, closely-knit team and we care deeply about you:
• Competitive salary;
• Great new office space;
• Flexible working schedule, partially remote work possible;
• Working directly with colleagues from Silicon Valley and around the world;
• Team trips, certification and events compensation, medical insurance, sports etc.;
• Last but not least, we are really fun to work with!
• Full-cycle development of Linux-based distributed server software, including development from scratch and maintaining existing services;
• Development of a web-based API (using JSON and REST) for management of product systems;
• Collaboration with other developers on development and deployment.
OpenVPN Technologies is a privately held company based in the Pleasanton, California, integrating a suite of leading-edge networking and software technologies. OpenVPN Technologies has designed and deployed a virtual network software that provides secure, reliable, and scalable communication services, not only fulfilling the requirements of the traditional virtual private network (VPN) market, but also addressing the demands of next wave web-scale VPN services. OpenVPN, our award-winning open source VPN product, has established itself as a de-facto standard in the open source networking space, with over 3 million downloads since inception. OpenVPN Technologies is the provider of next-generation secure and scalable communication services, implementing its business plan through strategic partnerships with key application software providers and marketing its product to SMB market place through its OpenVPN web site that is experiencing more than 250,000 new SMB users, prospects, and customers per month.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
16 October 2020