A day in the life of an Engineer on the team...
· Design, develop, test, and debug large scale complex platform using big data technologies
· Create high-performance Nordstrom data analytics platform
· Possesses deep proficiency in engineering best practices
· Support the development and evolution of Biddata platform and data warehouse
· Partner with other Technology teams, Program, and Product on building a best-in-class suite of tools and reporting mechanisms to bring the most salient, insightful data more directly into key business functions
· Take part in the production support
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- One or more of the following data processing technologies: Hadoop Map Reduce, Spark, Kafka Streams, Flink, Storm, Apache Beam
- Good object-oriented design and development skills
- Some Experience with Kafka, Presto, Hive, Impala or similar SQL based engine for Big Data
- Good SQL writing skills
- Good DW experience
Nice to have:
1. Cloud Experience
2. Kubernetes Experience
3. Understanding of automation and orchestration platforms such as Airflow
4. Understanding of various data formats such as JSON, Parquet, Avro, ORC
NAP (Nordstrom Analytical Platform) is an ecosystem, which integrates business events from the various source system, schematize them into object model and persist them in a query-able profile data structure.
We are responsible for developing and building Analytical and Reporting solutions, Provide data to internal applications and external vendors, and partner with the Business and Data Science teams to improve business performance.
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
15 October 2020