We are a stealth-mode start up working on a product in risk-management space for construction lending. FinTech. Current stack is Python (Django) and React. Mobile is React Native for (iOS and Android). AWS.
1. What are you working on? What is the product?
We are a stealth-mode start up working on a product in risk-management space for construction lending. FinTech.
2. Why is this product interesting or important? What is its value proposition?
In the age of COVID, more and more in-person processes move online. We are enabling lenders to run and de-risk construction by providing a platform where contractors get to report progress of their work, submit request for a payment and receive payment all via a secured platform without a need for in-person inspections. Thus, speeding up payments and increasing velocity of construction projects, while decreasing fraud and risk.
3. What technology is being used (please be specific)?
Current stack is Python (Django) and React. Mobile is React Native for (iOS and Android). AWS.
4. What are the job requirements?
- Lead back-end development efforts
- Domain and Data modeling
- Establish best practices for the team (TDD, Code quality, API Versioning)
- Move fast and have ability to innovate by experimentation
- OWN THINGS - you are the lead. You should know where to take the technology next, while supporting business needs.
- Work with front-end and mobile devs to establish API contracts and maintain those
- Work with QA to establish testing processes and automation
- Ship often
5. What kind of personal skills are needed?
- Work under minimal supervision
- Be open to write their own stories, break down epics with minimal product involvement.
- Communication (verbal and written). Write down ideas, present them.
- Be open to “take things in their hands”
- Be creative problem solver.
6. What exactly will he/she be working on?
1. Support existing 1.0 Django app
2. Lead development of the 2.0 of the platform and get to parity with 1.0 fast.
7. How are we (as a company / product) different from others? Why should I work on this project?
We give a lot of flexibility and creativity options. Ability to bring latest technologies, as applicable. We are early stage start-up, so you get to mold your future here.
8. How old is this product / project? What stage is it currently at?
We are about 18 month old company and we have an initial set of customers and more are on the way. We are seed funded and going to be raising funds soon.
9. Where are the people making technical / architectural decisions based?
The role is reporting to CTO of the company, who is based in California, US. With that said, for this role you will be given enough freedom to make those decisions.
10. What is the composition of the existing team?
1 FE, 1 BE, 2 QA interns, 1 PM in CA. We are hiring more.
11. How will the interview take place (who will conduct, how many stages)?
1. Call with CTO
2. Technical assessment. Online, on your own time.
3. Call a developer
4. Call with PM, Ops and CEO
12. How does the team interact?
13. How is the relationship between the company and the developer formalized?
We would have a formal contract in EN and UA languages. Approved in UA.
About Freelancer Larysa Rozumeyenko
На данный момент работаю как независимый ИТ-рекрутер от лица нескольких американских продуктовых компаний. 90% вакансий предполагают remote занятость. Все собеседования - напрямую с менеджментом компаний (никаких посредников:-)!
This job is no longer active.