Nordstrom.com is one of the largest retail e-commerce companies in North America.
A day in the life…
- Manage products impacting enterprise and possess a track record of successful delivery preferably in multiple areas
- Demonstrate a track record of using data and defining KPIs to measure success from both a business and technology perspective
- Actively manage capability using data to drive decisions, and lead change and progress within a broader team
- Create valid estimates of effort to complete engineering work streams and understand the relationship between technology and business, and how technology enables core capabilities and business unlocks
- Possess a proven track record for making programmatic recommendations within technology that enable the business to achieve goals
- Understand the relationship between technology and the business and how technology enables core capabilities and business unlocks
- 4+ years of technical program management and delivery experience
- BS in Computer science and analysis or related field
- Has experience with SQL
- Proficiency in Agile Product Methodologies
- Strong proactive communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in working with teams across different geographic locations
- Strong technical acumen to think critically, converse and problem solve with engineering counterparts
- System thinking and functional decomposition skills
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience in identifying and resolving complex issues, with the ability to break down complex data situations into simple steps toward analysis and recommendations
- Demonstrated negotiation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver large projects with multiple stakeholders, tight timelines and shifting priorities
- Skilled in collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, driving project schedules from design to release, communicating to stakeholders and executives, and managing the production launch
Nice to have:
- Experience in productizing analytics development and building the data pipeline using ETL or data streaming
- Program management in analytics, big data engineering, or software development, including big data infrastructure, and/or data architecture
- Familiarity with Python, Spark, Hive, Kafka and other Big Data technologies
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
A Technical Program manager is part of a key team of Technology professionals managing technical teams that deliver significant business value to Nordstrom and its customers.
They have a strong sense of ownership, pride and accountability for capability, and are responsible for end-to-end quality of what is released.
The Technical Program manager partners with internal stakeholders to develop, design, build and launch technology solutions. This position interacts with people in both business and technical roles to create specifications and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement.
This position works across departments and functional lines on a variety of programs that range in scope, risk and complexity, and success are measured in terms of Return on Investment (ROI), new capabilities, and benefit delivery.
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
13 October 2020