Are you someone who has a passion for Ruby and is looking to play an important role in an amazing team and to grow your skills?
In simple terms, we're looking for an expert Senior Ruby Developer to join our growing team!
Our Customer offers the best online insurance shopping experience; within minutes a customer can have instantly approved life, health, auto, or home coverage. We’ve simplified the online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online, and we’ve also built an on-demand workforce of licensed insurance agents that can speak with customers who want to talk to an expert, 24x7. Powering all of this is a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. We combine our web technology with data science models at every step to make intelligent decisions about how we market to customers, what policies we recommend, and which agents we match to customers. Our mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone – not just the affluent. Our team is humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
You will have end to end ownership of our life insurance experience for our customer self-service online checkout and our agent-assistance sales tools. These web experiences are served by a common Ruby on Rails web application and a client-side React application that serve hundreds of thousands of shoppers every day. Insurance is a complicated product to sell, and we are constantly building new features to simplify the sales process and A/B testing them to quantitatively decide if they improve the customer experience.
- Analyzing sales call audio in real-time to give real-time feedback to our sales agents and guide their conversations
- Building a new common platform for the insurance industry to support onboarding hundreds of insurance carriers worldwide
- Designing a new life insurance product from the ground up allowing customers to buy $1M coverage in under 60 seconds
- 3+ years of web application software development industry work experience Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres experience
- Strong object-oriented coding skills
- Passion for writing high quality, clean, well-tested code
- Ability to work well with a team
- Track record of meeting software development deadlines
NICE TO HAVE
- BS in Computer Science
- AWS Stack: EC2, ELB, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, Lambda, ElastiCache,
ElasticSearch, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, Machine Learning
- CI/CD on AWS: CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy
- Linters: rubocop, brakeman, bullet, overcommit, rails_best_practices, reek - Ruby '2.6.3', rails '5.2.4', sidekiq-pro & sidekiq-enterprise, slim, newrelic, rspec, twilio, PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in designing software services
- Experience building and maintaining software services that serve 100+ transactions per second
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- Unlimited access to Linkedin learning solutions
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work schedule
About EPAM Systems
EPAM Systems is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and software development services, with more than 36,700+ employees worldwide.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
9 October 2020