On behalf of Indeed, we work on the world's #1 highest-traffic job website with 250+ M monthly users. You will help us to understand the data to rely on, create data definitions, design & implement auto data analysis instruments, outline how data can and should be used within 125+ Petabytes storage!
The world’s number 1 highest-traffic job website, Indeed.com has 250 million unique monthly visitors and 9.8 jobs posted every second. A giant on a mission to help people find jobs, Indeed works with product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore, and Hyderabad.
On behalf of Indeed, AgileEngine is looking for a Data Engineer passionate about Data Governance.
As part of this project, you will help your team understand the data they rely on, create data definitions, and outline how data can and should be used within the storage of 125 Petabytes! Finally, you will take ownership of designing and implementing automatic data analysis instruments that front-end teams will use in their products.
- 2+ years of experience with big data modeling utilizing Hadoop Ecosystem
- 2+ years of experience of developing in Python/Scala/Java to transform large datasets on distributed and cluster infrastructure
- Experience with SQL. Must have the ability to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- Ability to take initiative to ask questions, identify patterns, and share discoveries or recommendations from your technical analysis of the code
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization, and solving problems
- Experience with reporting, descriptive statistics, probability, and cleaning big datasets
- Experience with version control systems, GitLab in particular
- Experience with Docker and Jenkins
- Willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
- Enjoyment from collaborating with others in team environment
- Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Drive and self-reliance
- Intermediate+ English
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
Will be a plus:
- Experience with Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka
- Knowledge of Unix-based operating systems (bash/ssh/ps/grep etc.)
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define requirements for capturing/logging/curating new data; coordinate with product and engineering on new product lines to ensure all new data is incorporated into our data governance model
- Work with a set of stakeholders and analysts to identify the data required to operate an area of the business. Define what it means to have complete and accurate data
- Drive consistency of data across front-end (web app, 3rd party tool) and back-end systems (application to application)
- Work as part of a team of data governance analysts to ensure consistent data use across the entire company
- Lots of interesting and challenging tasks
- Comfortable work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- Friendly team with great culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- US democratic management style
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Corporate events and activities
- Professional seminars and training, professional studying
We are a fast growing company in Ukraine with offices in Kharkov, Kiev & Odessa. Our true selling point is the projects we have. We work with cool startups and innovative companies that have big ideas and budgets to implement them. This includes big names like LivingSocial with 90 million users, BleacherReport with 20 000 000 MAU or FunnyOrDie - famous Emmy-winning comedy video website and film/TV production company.
Come grow with us!
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.