We are looking for a talented, motivated and experienced person to create and manage art development on next-generation cross-platform projects
• The Lead Artist is responsible for developing and driving an original and innovative art style for the game.
• Work with other disciplines to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for art in the game.
• Ensure that all assets created by the art team and outsource studios conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title.
• Participate in and run meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team and outsourcing studios.
• Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
• Work closely with the production team in creating schedules for the art department and outsourcing studios.
5+ years as a professional artist or equivalent experience.
3+ years of art management experience.
• Experience managing both internal and outsourced art teams and pipelines.
• Experience creating a broad range of art styles in both 2D and 3D mediums.
• Proficient with standard industry tools like Maya, Z-Brush or Mudbox, and Photoshop, with a high capacity to learn new tools.
• Have a strong background and understanding in console interface design, flow and usability.
• Have effective analytical, written, oral, team, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of current processes and techniques, including, 3D modeling, shaders, lighting, and composition.
• Have a passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles.
PlayMagic is a game studio that designs and develops games based on high profile licenses and original IP across a wide range of formats for the hard-core market segment. With a studio based in Malta, and one in Kyiv, the company is currently working on the Remake of Ubisoft’s XIII with Microids, an FPS for Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mac and on an Original IP for next-gen consoles and PC.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.
Gamedev / Unity / AS3