- Product IT 140+
- Office in Podil (5 min from T. Shevchenko metro)
- Career growth and professional development
- Free breakfasts and lunches
- Employee wellness program
- Health insurance
SocialTech is a global consumer IT-company operating in the industry of Social Discovery. The products we develop are used by millions of our customers globally.
We are currently looking for a Senior MySQL DBA/Database Engineer to join our strong Software Development team (10+FTE) and work with our high-load products (100k operations/sec).
Strategic challenges and objectives:
● Database health monitoring and troubleshooting
● Work with massive amounts of data
Key areas of responsibility:
● Collaborate with engineers, DBAs, and DevOps teams on technical issues.
● Provide support to developers and QAs as required.
● Maintain system monitoring of the database servers. Slow query reporting.
● Participate in database restructuring and management.
● Work on schema design and data modeling.
● Experience with administering MySQL server.
● Basic performance, query, and index optimization.
● Confident knowledge of MySQL backup solutions.
● Good understanding of monitoring requirements.
● Good understanding of replication principles.
● Comfortable with collaborative tools, such as Slack, wikis, Subversion, and basic ticket tracking systems (YouTrack, Jira).
● Fast learner and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
● Effective team member with a high level of motivation and ability to work with little supervision.
● Dynamic self-starter with high attention to detail, highly responsible and reliable
● The ideal candidate will be able to work from the office
● Previous work experience with Python, Golang, Shell, or other programming languages
● Previous work experience with relational databases, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL DBs: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, etc
● Good understanding of load balancers, DNS, networking, and/or client-side drivers
By choosing us you get:
● Opportunity to work with a multi-million audience.
● Career growth and professional development with various internal training and seminars, access to an extensive book library, English language classes, chance to participate in key IT industry events worldwide (attending the conferences).
● Work in a great team. We pay special attention to the recruitment and development of talent. All the members of our team are young, active, and highly motivated for creative problem-solving.
● New spacious and modern office space in Podil (5 min from Tarasa Shevchenka metro station) with free breakfasts and lunches, and selections of snacks available at your choice, as well as weekly thematic lectures, Sony PlayStation 4 Pro, outdoor terrace, and many more exciting things.
● Employee wellness program, which includes running sessions, football, basketball, and other sports. The cost of sports activities is fully covered by the company. In-house doctor support is also available on demand.
● Health insurance is available for all employees.
SocialTech is a global IT company in the industry of Social Discovery. We are developing our own products used by millions of users worldwide. SocialTech is one of the market leaders, enjoying triple-digit growth for all major KPIs.
Today we are a:
— full-cycle IT-company;
— a strong team of more than a hundred highly qualified specialists;
— more than 2.5 mln of MAU;
— highly loaded cloud-native application in GCP;
— hundreds of international partners around the world and huge marketing budgets for our products;
Our main values are people and the team. We are always looking for outstanding result-oriented individuals, who will be directly impacting our products and businesses. With us, you will be given limitless opportunities for development and freedom of choice of your way of success. We have plenty of interesting tasks, ambitious goals, and challenges for you.
DOU company page:
Apply for job
Job posted on
31 July 2020