GeoGuard is the global market-leader in the detection of location-based fraud; protecting hundreds of millions of people and their devices every day. Working at the bleeding edge of technology GeoGuard is seen as the best and only wants to hire the best.
We are looking for a Junior DevOps to join our team!
As a Junior DevOps with GeoGuard, you will be working on high-level technologies. This role will be accountable for automating processes between software development and IT teams by using modern solutions in order to ensure our product is at the highest quality. Our DevOps team covers high availability, redundancy, CI/CD, cluster solutions, and many other solutions.
The ideal candidate has at least 1 year of relevant experience and has solid IT knowledge in the following software in the Linux ecosystem: Ubuntu, Nginx, MySQL, PHP, HAProxy, and Node.js. You have a good understanding of scripting and programming on Python and Bash.
You are able to, and enjoy, working in small collaborative teams and have good communication and interpersonal skills when working with developers. You have a great passion for working in agile development process environments and are a fast self-study and quick in solving tasks.
- Planning for new infrastructure requirements and ensure automation scripts are adequately planned for and created
- Writing and maintaining guidelines outlining steps required to prepare and support the environments
- Configuration of networks and storage
- Monitoring GeoGuard servers and applications
- Maintaining and troubleshooting GeoGuard environments (development, staging, and production)
- Assisting with load testing
- Collaborating with development and analytics teams to troubleshoot software-related issues
- Day-to-day management of Jenkins setup - adding new jobs, supporting multiple plugins, making sure reserve copies are in place and are consistent in at all times
- Ongoing development of Docker containers for various purposes
- Continuously improving the products’ security, stability, and optimization
Skills and qualifications:
- 1 year of relevant experience and a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience with cloud infrastructures, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace or Google Cloud Platform
- Competent and knowledgeable of monitoring and reporting tools such as Nagios
- Good experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with configuration management systems like Ansible
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Docker
- Comprehensive knowledge of security and compliance is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Good written and spoken technical English enough to discuss issues with teams remotely
- Motivating compensation: high competitive salary, bonus system, corporate language classes
- Personal development plan for each employee
- The chance to work with a motivated and talented international team
- Medical insurance
- Modern office space in the center of Kharkiv, near metro Naukova
- We're always stocked up on snacks and coffee and have free lunches monthly
- Frequent team building events
If you have what we are looking for and you are sure that we can help with your talent, we need you in our Kharkiv office!
This position is located in Kharkiv, Ukraine. To learn more about us, visit www.geoguard.com
We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; if we like what we see and feel you are a match for our position, we will be in touch.
GeoGuard is a leader in geolocation-powered fraud technology used to protect media and payment transactions worldwide.
Our patented and proprietary geolocation solutions are unparalleled in the level of accuracy, depth of security, and ease of integration. Uniquely tailored to match complex requirements and suited to locate users on any device.
DOU company page:
Apply for job
Job posted on
16 June 2020