We are looking for a Solutions Architect: smart, dynamic, and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
We use the best technologies at the cutting edge to achieve the following architecture objectives:
- Cloud Deployment
- Server configuration / auto-discovery
The main approaches and technologies we use:
- REST API (HTTP, WebSockets, JSON, product schema)
- Asynchronous controls (Kafka)
- DB read and write separation (CQS model)
- Non-blocking readings (RxJava, Netflix Observers)
- Horizontally scalable DB with almost unlimited capacity (Cassandra) and much more
- Develop business and functional design requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, business analysis, task analysis, and process diagrams
- Ability to communicate technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical audiences as well as to technical staff
- Work in collaboration with development teams and business experts to establish the technical vision and analyze the trade-offs between usability and performance requirements
- Develop documentation according to standard models, using natural language
- Responsible for the architecture and technical decisions made by the teams
- Support the developers during the implementation of the functionalities by explaining the design details and solving design problems
Required skills and experience :
- More than 6 years of experience as a Lead Developer or Software Systems Architect in enterprise software development
- Proven background and skills in Java, J2EE, RxJava or JEE., should be familiar with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Microservices, REST Web Services, Apache, NoSQL or related technologies
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture and Reactive Manifesto
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both English and French
- Ability to work Eastern Standard Time Zone hours
- Unique working environment
- Competitive compensation based on regular performance reviews
- 28 calendar days of vacation, paid sick leave
- Medical insurance
- Several stimulating and entertaining team activities
- Free English courses
EIS is an insurance software company that enables leading insurers to innovate and operate like a tech company: fast, simple, agile.
EIS Group has a fast-paced, distributed work environment that is an excellent fit for motivated individuals who can quickly and effectively engage in new challenges and opportunities. EIS Group also provides its employees with empowering mentorships, digital learning, and expansive professional opportunities, to gain experience and develop employees’ careers.
About EIS Group
EIS Group is a global innovator, providing the insurance industry with transformational platforms to enable their success. We are committed to delivering tools, digital enablement, and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and empower clients to reimagine the possible.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.
Lead / Architect / CTO