We are looking for Golang Developers to join a team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
Our goal is to revolutionize shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now.
Our goal is to revolutionize shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionizing an iconic industry.
Our tech stack consists of React and React Native applications communicating using GraphQL to microservice containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Internally our services use gRPC for communication and achieve high scalability thanks to a Kafka based event-driven architecture and persist data to a mix of RDBS and No-SQL databases including PostgresDB, MongoDB, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.
• As a member of the squad, you will be developing robust microservices to form the heart of a SaaS platform to serve globally distributed users.
• Follow Golang’s best practices to deliver and support the production-ready industry quality code.
• Responsible for the full lifecycle of services. Developers will take the services they build from design, through implementation, and into production.
• Continuous improvement of all development and deployment processes.
• Successful delivery of your services into production.
• Regular and clear communication of progress to the squad product owner and technical lead.
• Full hands-on technical experience
• Team Lead experience
• Proficiency in:
o RDBMS and NoSQL database
o Microservices architecture concepts
o Container-based architecture: Docker, Kubernetes
o Advanced use of git
o Use of Unix systems commands
Demonstrated track record and proficiency in the points below:
• Deliver features autonomously with a high degree of team coordination
• Deliver code based on precise architecture spec
• Deliver code without relying on precise architecture spec
• Automated testing
• Working with CI/CD practices
• Delivering code to production
• Maintaining production-ready code
• Collaborating in small but fast-paced teams
• Event-driven architecture and message passing
More about you
• Good level of English
• Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
• Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
• A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
• Ability to learn autonomously
• Excellent all-round communications skills
Will be an advantage:
• AWS stack experience
• Exposure to GraphQL
• Postgres and MongoDB
• Ability to perform basic DevOps tasks
• Experience using Kafka
• EFK stack
What we offer:
• Working with latest cutting-edge technologies
• Disrupting a century old industry in a startup environment
• Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
• Deliver a green field system
• Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
• Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
• Competitive salary
• State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates good working conditions
• Opportunity to travel to client offices based in London
• Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model
Job posted on
25 September 2020