The Scanner Pro team is looking for a creative iOS developer to help us deliver the best-in-class product to people all around the world. You’ll face the most challenging tasks in your career and opportunities to make a great impact — build a productivity app, that really helps millions of people.
“Scanner Pro is perhaps the best app for quickly scanning and saving a digital version of a paper document.” – New York Times
Scanner Pro by Readdle is the revolutionary application that redefined the AppStore scanning category.
It uses a built-in iOS camera to take pictures of a paper document. The unique technology automatically detects the edges, fixes geometry, removes shadows, and other visual defects to make a perfect scan. Also, it harnessed an advanced optical character recognition (OCR) technology that allows you to extract text from scans.
- Work with Product and Customer-facing teams to design and develop new features.
- Shipping great products on time and according to the roadmap.
- Diagnose and debug complex systems, optimizing the speed/memory consumption of the application.
- Сooperation with the R&D department, helping develop and add new functionality to the application.
- Sprint planning, assessment of the time needed to complete tasks, planning, and prioritization in a partnership with a product manager.
- Development team leading, task distribution among the team, control over the implementation, code-review.
- Adjusting technical stack, refactoring legacy code, researching/adding new libraries, and approaches.
- Have a huge interest in building great software products.
- Have a firm understanding and strong opinions about software engineering (from low-level details to high-level concepts), able to make great decisions fast.
- Can work effectively in the situation of tough tradeoffs between functionality, complexity and development time.
- Can create practical, maintainable and reliable solutions.
- Experience in mobile and web analytics, user behavior metrics, and methodologies to analyse user feedback.
- Resolving critical situations with the product.
- Demonstrated technical strengths in Swift, Objective-C.
- Software development: separations of concerns, SOLID, OOP patterns, concurrency patterns.
- Best practices: unit testing, static analysis, code review, dependency management.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Understanding the technologies used in iOS development:
- Xcode, Instruments, profiling practices.
- Cloud services SDK (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.), iCloud.
- Experience with Metal, CoreImage, Accelerate, Core Graphics.
Would be a plus but not mandatory:
- Understanding image processing specific tasks (object detection, color space differences, perspective transformation).
- Web experience.
- Familiarity with basic Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms.
- Image memory techniques and optimizations.
You’ll be leading the way. We’re betting you’re driven to build great things and get awesome results. Join this amazing journey with Readdle!
Our mission is to make people more productive by enabling technology to millions. We strive to create the best experiences on mobile and desktop for those who want to be more productive.
Apple has crowned many of our products as Editors' Choice and Apps of the Year, and we have often hit the Top Charts in dozens of countries. But this is just what is on the surface.
DOU company page:
Apply for job
Job posted on
17 July 2020