Kharkiv · $4500 · 3 years of experience · Upper Intermediate
- Big Data stack - Apache Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, HBase, Flink, AWS EMR, Airflow, Luigi - Web with Scala - Play Framework, Akka-Streams, Akka-Http, Spray, Slick, Quill - Scala FP tools - Cats, Algebird and slightly Scalaz and Eff - Enterprise with Java - Java EE - Servlets API, JSP, JPA -Hibernate, and Spring stack - Boot, Security, MVC, WS, Data; - General knowledge of Go and Erlang - Cloud technologies - AWS; - DevOps stuff usage - Docker, Jenkins, ELK, Ansible, Grafana/ Graphite - Hands-on leveraging of DBMS: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, MySql
Scala, Spark, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, Java, Python, Amazon AWS
I'm an enthusiastic Scala developer with an entrepreneurial mindset and always a source of new and innovative ideas. Academically well qualified, with the scope and ambition to continue improving on an intellectual and commercial level.
I have a desire to make a top-notch software and persevere to work on creating high-quality software with leveraging cutting on the edge stuffs like Scala. I hate tedious tasks and work with a bad code base. I would like to collaborate with a team of easy-going and talented software engineers.
Lviv, Rilokejt · $2500 · 2 years of experience · Upper Intermediate
Skilled Scala/Java developer with 2+ summary years of experience with Scala, Java and Android. I've 1.5+ year of commercial experience (1 year of working as scala dev and working as Java + Android dev(0.5 year) ), and exp of developing personal open source projects. I'm good with Java, Scala, Spring framework, linux, modern devops tools like docker and do have some experience with Android and ReactJS. I'm interested in job with perspectives to grow and developer myself as software engineer). I would love to relocate to some other European country(mainly interested in Eastern Europe(Poland, Slovakia, Czech republic) or Baltic states(especially Estonia)) or Canada/Australia. I would also like to try myself as Clojure developer, so if you have any propositions to work as Clojure dev - feel free to send me them :) Java Scala Spring(incl Spring Boot) Hibernate + Spring Data Android Docker + docker-compose PostgreSQL, H2, SQLite Redis Mongodb Linux CI/CD(Jenkins, Artifactory, Bamboo) Git + git flow Jira Understanding of OOP and func programming principles Understanding of scrum and agile methodologies UX/UI design understanding
- Developed successful commercial B2B projects both on Scala and Java - Developed few personal open source projects(Java, Scala, Android, Spring)
- Non trivial projects(it would be awesome if they will be related to functional programming) - Job that will help me to develop myself - Stability in the workflow - Possible relocate to other countries(mainly interested in Eastern European ones - Poland, Slovakia, Czech republic, Estonia, Latvia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia)
EU, SEA · $6000 · 8 years of experience · Upper Intermediate
Skilled software engineer specializing in Big Data solutions and in service-oriented information systems development in general. Also have knowledge in domains of internet banking and online gambling. Big fan of functional programming no matter of language. I'm familiar with variety of devops tools and methodologies on UNIX platforms. I deployed automated CI processes based on popular solutions in few projects. Hand-on experience with AWS and cloud technologies in general. Languages: Scala, Java, Groovy, C, BigData stack with Kafka and Spark, Java: JavaEE, Akka, Vaadin, DBs: SQL, Hibernate, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hive, Vertica OSes: Linux, Solaris
Spark, Linux, Scala, SQL, CI, Groovy, Kafka, Hibernate, Vertica, Big Data, data warehouse
Mentored teams and individuals on various aspects from architecture to technologes with successful results. Worked with near-realtime banking processing pipelines. Desgined and implemented core of gambling backed system competing with big companies solutions.
One of the goals is to find stable and healthy environment to live there, so relocation is valuable option. I prefer to work with backend services, mainly on JVM - Scala, Clojure. I want to join team or build one that uses functional programming with Scala/Clojure/Erlang dominance. Have experience and passion to mentor developers/devops.
Barselona, Sidney · $5000 · 5 years of experience · Upper Intermediate
Have more than 10 years in IT. Last 5 years I have been working as a software engineer.
Scala, SQL, Kafka, Cats, Cats-effect, Doobie, http4s, Sbt, Functional programming, Fs2, Java, Maven, Mockito, Hibernate, OOP/OOD, Spring, Netflix Oss, RxJava, Akka
Interested in Scala functional programming. Distributed and high load real-time systems. Also, I'm looking for relocation to Spain / Australia
Kyiv · $5500 · 6 years of experience · Advanced/Fluent
- Scala - Java - Bunch of less popular languages to a lesser degree - Linux - Redis - Cassandra - Clickhouse - MySQL - Neo4j - Docker - MongoDB - Akka ecosystem (Actors, HTTP, Streams etc) - Apache Spark - AWS (S3, SES etc) - Telecom [messaging] protocols - FP in Scala - Buzzwords FP in Scala. Junior mentoring. No Spring/JavaEE experience. Experience in migration of Java projects to Scala. Simple, effective solutions.
neo4j, Java, Scala, bash, ElasticSearch, Linux, Cassandra, docker, MongoDB, Redis, ClickHouse, Git, Kafka, SQL, Python, Akka, Spark
- Bachelor's degree from NTUU 'KPI' (http://ipt.kpi.ua/) (cryptography) - commits to open-source projects - several successful projects in production - led transitions from Java to Scala for several projects - leading & mentoring teams
++: - product company - modern technologies applied to challenging tasks - back-end development - enthusiastic teammates +/-: - floating workday (come early - leave early, come later - leave later) or remote --: - outsourcing - legacy solutions which you won't consider upgrading/refactoring/etc.
Kyiv · $5000 · 4 years of experience · Upper Intermediate
LOOKING ONLY FOR PRODUCT COMPANIES (NO OUTSOURCE OR OUTSTAFF) Software engineer with a pragmatic mindset. 4 years of commercial experience with Scala. Able to work independently as well as part of a team. Experienced with the data-intensive application. Have managing experience, gave teamwise lectures, conducted interviews.
Scala, Akka, Concurrency, Flink, Functional programming, Kafka, MongoDB, Apache Storm, Cassandra, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis
Developed system architecture from scratch. Reduced streaming system latency from 2 sec to 0.5 sec. Build performance testing infrastructure. Redesigned NoSQL database schema, migrated huge chunk of data transparently for users. Wrote DSL for Kafka for QA team. Improved system stability.
Result-oriented and people-oriented management. Open-minded team. I want to clearly see my role in bringing value to the company, product. Flexible working schedule. Ability to work not only from the office.
Kharkiv · $4500 · 3 years of experience · Advanced/Fluent
Business logic implementation and REST API development on Java IoT project; Business logic and REST/SOAP integrations development on Java/Hybris e-commerce project; Spark jobs development on Scala/AWS big data project; Backend tech lead in startup (Scala); Data lake development on Java/GCP big data project; Used technologies: Scala, Spark Java Core(Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE8 Programmer); Java EE; Java Servlet API, JSP; Spring Framework(Spring Data, Spring MVC, Spring REST, Spring Security); Play 2; Akka, Akka Http; JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, Slick; RDBMS: PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite; NoSQL: Cassandra, Realm(for Android); Amazon Web Services (AWS Java SDK, Amazon S3); Google Cloud Platform(Big Query, Dataflow, GCS, Firestore, Pub/Sub, Bigtable, Stackdriver); Google Drive API; Also: Android SDK; Some experience with frontend (markup, Bootstrap lib, JQuery, AngularJS); Unit testing(JUnit); Maven, Gradle, Ant, sbt; Terraform; Version control systems: Git
Jira, Agile, Java, OOP, Spring, JUnit, Multithreading, Scala, Scrum, XML, AWS, JDBC, PostgreSQL, Spark, Android, Android SDK, Gradle, SQLite, Python, MongoDB, Akka, Kafka, Maven, REST API, Cassandra, SQL
Experience with Scala, Spark, AWS and GCP-based big data infrastructure; Java-based e-commerce solutions; Java-based IoT solutions.
Scala/Big Data projects are highly preferable. NO - legacy/support.
Remote work, Ukraine · $6000 · 5 years of experience · Upper Intermediate
Scala, Akka, Akka streams, Akka Http, Play, REST, anorm, cats, SBT, ScalaTest, Git Java - 6 years Scala - 5 years
TDD, Akka, Java, Lift, REST API, Scala, MySQL, Play, Spray, Akka Streams, MongoDB, Spark
Reorganized and improved existing tests execution time so that they pass within 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes. Redesign of shopping cart to support wish list and saved cart functionality, application integration with social networks and loading time speed-up of main search page from 3 sec to 200 ms by implementing product pool cache. Provided RESTful web services for the mobile application, setup automatic build process and integrated it with Jenkins, as well as covered code with unit and integration tests using TDD approach
I am skilled developer who enjoys challenges. I seek position to further expand skills and contribute to a company with creative personnel and challenging projects. My Computer Science interests span several areas including highly concurrent and distributed systems, mobile solutions and full stack of backend application development.
Remote work, Ukraine · $4500 · 7 years of experience · Upper Intermediate
Scala, Akka, Play Framework, Cassandra, ScalaTest, AkkaTest, CQRS, Event Sourcing, ELK, Microservices, JWT. Java Core, Algorithms, Multithreading, Spring(Core, Security, Data, MVC, REST), Hibernate, Google Guice, Google Gin, GWT, GWTP, CSS, HTML. JUnit, Mockito. Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MySQL. Design Patterns, TDD, SOLID, KISS, DRY. TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, Maven.
Akka, Cassandra, Java Core, java.util.concurrent, PostgreSQL, Scala, Linux, Slick, Spring, Git, SQL, Maven, REST API, Docker, Java, OOP, Multithreading, Play Framework, Sbt
Designed new wallet service with 8K RPS throughput per node on top of Playframework, Akka, Akka Cluster, Cassandra, Scala
Great goals, cozy atmosphere, a team of professionals, challenge
Remote work, Ukraine · $4400 · 6 years of experience · Advanced/Fluent
Have been working remotely for last 2 years Cloud file storage client and server parts components design and development, deployment, monitoring, profiling and bugs fixing. Highload scalable multithreaded applications (over 3K rps per node) design and development, deployment to production, profiling and monitoring providing, bugs fixing. The current project is telegram similar messaging platform. Backend design&implementation is the responsibility together with some devops tasks
Scala, Java, Highload, TCP/IP, Linux, Gradle, SBT, JMX, SQL, NoSQL, Redis, Cassandra, Grafana, Prometheus, Netty, Spring, GIT, JDBC, Akka
1. Development of client and server parts according to architecture for the cloud file storage, where client sends to server file by parts via own TCP protocol. Load balancing implementation for files receiving channels according to channels statistic data. testing (unit, integration, load), profiling, monitoring providing, bugs fixing, scaling of server part. 2. Creating highload application (over 3k rps per node), including steps: designing, development, testing (unit, integration, load), profiling, monitoring providing, bugs fixing, scaling with asynchronous caches updating using database replication (mysql binary logs) 3. Creating of highload server having dynamically updating API
Full-time remote work with business trips to other cities or countries. Casino and online games subjects are not interesting.